Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don't even know how to change a diaper!?

I think that panic stage just set it!! I'm due in 8 weeks and I don't know how to change a diaper, feed a baby, change a baby, or even hold one!!!



Any advice?



I've been reading books all along [ie What to expect the first year] but I'm still clueless!! I've NEVER been alone with a baby!!! Neither has my bf!!!Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
Don't worry so much. Most of it will come to you naturally. That is why God made women to have children. We have better instincts than men. Also at the hospital they will give you a crash course in caring for your newborn. Try to relax, you will be fine. Plus, I will be here for at least 13 more weeks to answer any questions. Congratulations and best wishes!Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
Your motherly instincts will come out when the baby arrives.



Maybe take a baby class with your boyfriend......that would help alot.



Good luck with everything!!!Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
I've heard that there are a lot of things that do come naturally when you have a baby. Also, there are other things you won't know how to do --but there are lots and lots of other people who do! We're all here to help you with questions. You will learn how to do these things. And then you can soothe the next girl you meet who's feeling panicy behind you. . .Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
they will show you at the hospital if you dont know how- if it is a girl then you should always wipe front o backJust beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
Hun , don't worry , your motherly instincts should kick in ,

but what you should try is some birthing and parenting classes. Most of the hospitals have programs and they are cheap.



Newborns need a diaper change alot , just make sure they get a fresh one, and to clean very well. bottle feeding is simple, 1 scope of formula for every 2 oz of water.Burp them after each oz of formula. or breastfeeding 20 Min's on each breast. make sure they are warm, babies use up alot of energy to stay warm. Swaddling is a life saver ..and hold the baby in the corner of your arm supporting the head.



It will all come naturally once that baby is in your arms.

I wish you all the luck. I hope this helpsJust beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
its funny but when the baby does get here you will figure it out, i knew how to change diapers before i had my baby but like two weeks before she was born i freaked about EVERYTHING. just stay calm and dont worry about what you do and don't know about. just know that you have people to help you.Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
Ther isnt a book on changing nappies etc...id never done motherly things til my daughter was born in septemeber and when i changed her nappy i was cautious as she was so small but after id done it once i was fine and after a week or 2 i could change her on my knee which i thout was a great accomplishment, u will know whats best for ur baby and what he/she likes and which way he/she likes to be held...it does take time but u learn...ul be fibne just dont panic and take it easy thers no rushJust beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
don't be worrying it will all come naturally to you and before you know it you'll be a professional, good luckJust beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
dont worry, it will come. open the diaper, put it on (half with the velcro goes under the bum), open the velcro tabs and attatch to front of diaper. use a bit of penatin in the creases of you baby's legs and on bum to prevent diaper rash.Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
That which doesn't come naturally, you'll learn as you go along. I panicked too, although I practically raised my niece and knew how to change a diaper, I was worried about other things... don't worry, after the first few tries, you'll be a pro. You don't have to be perfect to be a good mother.



You can take a pre natal class, where they'll teach you everything or wait until the baby's born. The nurses at the hospital usually show you the basics.



Do get a lactation consultant if you plan on breastfeeding though, as the nurses usually don't have a clue (or time to teach you properly) and breastfeeding doesn't always come naturally.



Remember, it's hard to break a baby.... and when you panic and don't know how to do something, take a deep breath, do the best you can and ask for advice!



Congratulations and good luck!Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
Honey dont worry!! Lots of moms feel that way and have never been alone with a baby. Its so natural. Trust me, once you have the baby you will be amazed at your instincts in caring for it. The best thing you can do is to talk calming breaths when you are getting overwhelmed and realize that you are going to do just fine.



Lots of hosptials have classes that you can take for new born care before you give birth. They can help you alot. Dont worry though, you will learn all this. We all learn somehow.Just beginning to realize... my baby is due in 8 weeks and I don%26039;t even know how to change a diaper!?
You should ask your midwife to show you. I got the midwives in the hospital to change my baby girls first nappy as that is the hardest one to do as you will need to clean up the %26quot;Meconium%26quot; poo which is black and very sticky! Its really easy to change a nappy, in a girl, make sure you wipe front to back (wee to poo) as she may get an infection in her vagina. With a boy you dont need to be as careful but make sure when you take off a boys nappy they dont pee everywhere. Also you will need to make sure his penis is facing downwards when putting his nappy back on otherwise the nappy will leak. Top tip, make sure that their bottoms are dry afterwards or they will develop nappy rash. Its a good idea to give babies %26quot;free bum time%26quot; with their nappies off for half hour or so a day (bums on a towel incase of accidents) to give them a bit of airing! For the first few weeks they reccommend you use cool boiled water and cotton wool balls on their bits and then you can resort to using the baby wipes. Good luck its all so much fun x

No comments:

Post a Comment