Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I (and should I) change my baby's schedule?

I'd love to go back to the congregational meetings that I used to attend before the baby was born. But these meetings are at 7:30 - 8:30 pm, and my baby HAS to be in bed at around 8 - 8:30 pm, otherwise she gets very cranky.

I don't want to mess up my baby's sleep, she's a very good sleeper so long as we are home in the evening, play, eat dinner, give her a bath, a bottle... If I don't do all of that, it messes up her routine and she won't go to sleep ( I already posted a question about this)

What's the best way to get her adjusted to a later bedtime? And more importantly, do you think that I should even try to change her bedtime to (maybe) 9:30? Or is this TOO late for a 10 month old?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read my question!How can I (and should I) change my baby%26039;s schedule?
You can probably change it gradually. Maybe try 15 minutes increases every night until she's set. Adjust your whole day around this plan. (Feed her later, bathe her later.)



Having said that, your baby is the most important thing. If this doesn't work, maybe there is an alternative to you attending these meetings. If they really are mandatory, try the gradual approach. Good Luck:)How can I (and should I) change my baby%26039;s schedule?
I understand wanting to get your life back after 10 months, but changing the baby's schedule is probably not fair to her. My children are 13 months and 28 months and both are in bed at 7 o'clock. I enjoy my quiet time when they are in bed! I think a regular bedtime of 9:30 is too late for a baby, but that's just my opinion. Can anybody babysit for you so that you can go to the meetings after she is in bed?How can I (and should I) change my baby%26039;s schedule?
I know that for my son, it doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, he is always awake at the same time. So for us, it wouldn't have worked to put him to bed later because he would have just gotten fewer overall hours of sleep. You can give it a try by moving things back in 15 minute increments and see if she'll sleep in later.How can I (and should I) change my baby%26039;s schedule?
In my opinion, a child needs to be at home and in bed at night after being fed, bathed and rocked etc....and it's so important for everyone mental health.



Also taking a little one out at night in the cold air is not always the best idea and then going into a crowded place with a group of sneezing people....when your baby is older it will be okay but not in your baby's first year...they really need to be in their beds at night and not out.



You will have time when your child is older to do these things....I'd suggest having a special service at home of your own. You can get tapes from some churches or libraries or religious stores...I'm sure there are some available. Some churches tape their services you could ask if you can get one.



Meditation would be a nice way to end the day....plus you could invite some friends over who you go to the services with to share this with them but not on the same night they go to church..lol pick a different time....Good luck and take good care of your baby!

Best wishes,

Mama Jazzy GeriHow can I (and should I) change my baby%26039;s schedule?
Have you thought about making bedtime earlier? Many pediatricians recommend a bedtime between 6 and 8 PM anyway. My 6 month old goes down between 6 %26amp; 7 PM each night and gets up between 6 %26amp; 7 AM. I am a believer in the %26quot;Early to bed, early to rise%26quot; adage and personally think 9:30 may be a little late for a baby or even a young child. Just a thought. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment