Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change my baby's last name to mine?

I live in florida and have a 5 month old baby and me and his father weren't married when he h\was born. now we're broken up and he still wants to keep the baby's last name as his even though he doesn't come see him or help out financially. I want to change his last name to mine but i looked online and he would have to sign a form approving the change of last name and I know he won't sign. is there any other way I can change his last name?How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
NO MATTER WHAT!!! YOU SHOULD NOT DELETE THE FATHER'S NAME!!! IT BELONGS TO THE BABY ,NOT TO YOU....IT IS AN IRREVOCABLE PART OF THE BABY'S HERITAGE,HISTORY,AND YOU OR ANY ONE WHO SUGGESTS YOU DEPRIVE THE BABY OF HER FATHER'S NAME,SHOULD PRACTICE BEING AN OSTRICH...SHAME ON ALL OF YOU..How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
You have to go through an attorney. My sister is going through the exact same thing. Now what will happen is you will have to run an ad in the newspaper for 30 days (here anyway) announcing that you are looking for the dad. He then has so many days to come and disagree with that. If he doesn't then they can change the name of your child. If he does step us, you won't have the option to do that. He would have to sign a paper giving up his parental rights.

If you truly want your child's name changed, do it now while he is young. My God-son is 7 years old, hasn't seen his dad in 4 years and cries alot b/c he wants to have the same name as my sister...it's sad.How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
Sad.

Talk to an attorney.How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
you can say the baby is not his of course then he will never have to pay child supportHow can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
First off regardless of if he see's the baby or not it is his and you decided 5 months ago to give him the last name so stop being childish and wanting to change it. Secondly yes he has to approve you change it or you have to appear in court and give %26quot;just cause%26quot; as to why it should be changed. Leave the childs name what it is. If you didnt want the baby to have his last name you should have given him your last name when he was born instead of playing this gameHow can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
Children are supposed to carry their father's name. That's why women change their names to the Man's name when they get married!! DUH If you did not want the child to carry the father's name you should not have given it in the first place! And now you don't get any money? Boo freaking Hoo. You should not have had a child until YOU were ready for it - financially, emotionally, and perferably married to the father BEFORE getting knocked up!! You were fine with the name until the money ran out. Get over it. You willinging made the child. You gave birth to the child. You kept the child. Now step up to you responsibilities, be a parent, and quit wanking over a last name.



LET IT BE!!How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
no there is not. why don't you talk to him about just adding your name on that way he will have both last names.How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
You need his permission to get it changed....I have the same issues with my kids...I have a 13 year old and my ex husband hasnt seen her in 10 years...but when I went to get her name changed, he refused to leave me do so.....Even if I would have gotten a lawyer it would have cost thousands of dollars, and my daughter would have had to go to court...its hard.How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
talk to an attorney. Usually what they would do in your case, is to put him on child support. If you don't want support and you just want to get rid of him, then all i can say is try to terminate his rights. An attorney could explain all your options to you better than i ever could. good luckHow can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
Go to the City HallHow can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
You should really contact a lawyer.

If he doesn't see the child, or help financially, you should petition for child support.



They can also help you change names.

Petition the judge.How can I change my baby%26039;s last name to mine?
Go to the Judge

No comments:

Post a Comment