Thursday, November 18, 2010

Big Mistake! How to change baby's name?!??!?

I feel like I made the biggest mistake ever!!



I was with my sons father for a long time and after the birth of my son I realized what a loser he is, he's a high school drop out and has had many run-ins with the law! That not what I want for myself or my son.



Anyways, I stupidly gave my son his dads last name and now I really regret it. My ex lives an hour away for me and will most likely be in and out of my sons life.



I want to give my son my last name. How do I go about doing that?Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
here's a link that details everything



http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-change-your-childs-name_3641846.bc



i hope everything goes wellBig Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
You might be able to legally change it through court. But even if he is a loser and a highschool drop out, he's still your sons dad and nothing can change that.Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
You can still change it but you and the father have to sign the paperwork...Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
If you listed the father on the birth certificate, he will probably have to give his consent for you to change the name. You could call your local department of social services and ask to speak to someone from family court. They could probably tell you for sure.Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
Have to file a petition for a name change through the Clerk of the Circuit Court. They are in the phone book, in the government section, you can call and ask about it. I've heard there is not a charge to a minimal charge if done in the first year. I've heard both and I don't know which is true.Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
get him to give up rights to the child through the courts if you ask him nicely and say stuff like i will never ask you for anything and you dont have any obligations unless you want them would you please give up rights after that you will have To go to court again for the name changing proses prolly with looser dad present but it could be worth it... or you could fight with loser dad and take him to court and possibly lose anyway and pay way more money in the end... get a hold of a child wellfare lawyerBig Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
You have to contact the state. Its not too hard but there is a fee. Personally I like when moms and kids have the same last name. I'm not knocking those who don't, and my own daughter has a different last than me...but if her father wasn't around or going to be around I would have given her my name. There should be contact info on the paperwork the hospital gave you!Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
You have to go to court to get it changed. Depending on how old he is will be how hard it will be to change it. Just call the municipal court in your area and ask them how to change your child's name. I don't blame you if he's really not going to be in the child's life, but if you are only doing this because you and him just got into a big fight or something. I would think about it and make sure for sure that's what you want to do. Good Luck!Big Mistake! How to change baby%26039;s name?!??!?
You would have to go to court to change it. You can find the documents for name change online (often your county clerks office will have them available for you on their website).

Type the paperwork, file it with the state, and you'll get a court date set.

When you go in front of the judge they'll ask you why you want to change the name. If you have a good reason, they'll sign off on the paper. Make sure to bring several copies of the order (a paper that you'll type up and bring with you), so that you can save the order as well as have certified copies on hand to bring to your Social Security office and anywhere else that you'll need to show your child's name change. The judge will only sign one copy, but the judge's clerk will provide you several %26quot;certified%26quot; copies (only as many as you bring with you). I would recommend at least five copes as you'll need to show them around a few times, and it's always better to have extra than too few.

Good luck!
  • hair cut styles
  • arecentinvestment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment