Thursday, November 18, 2010

I can't change baby in public anymore?

so the last couple of times I've been out with Jeff who is 7 1/2 months I've had big problems changing him, whenever I go in a change stall with him he screams to the point that he stops breathing and I have to pick him up and take him out of the stall, where he'll cling to me and whimper, I have no idea why this is happening, nothing bad has ever happened in a change stall before, any ideas how I can prevent this?I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
So what are you going to do? Let your baby dictate that you will stay in the house from now on? Come on. Change her and ignore the crying, that will solve the problem. Goodluck to you.I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
Use the family bathroom.



Whats a change stall? They put the change table in a stall? He may not like enclosed spaces. Babies can develop fears for no reason and he has obviously developed one to the change stall...



Where i am its in the general bathroom area...everywhere...So they dont feel closed in..Id say try to use the family bathroom and give him a toy to play with thile you are changing him.



**If hes that scared and you have no option other than the change stall i would say change him right in his stroller in a private area. I have to do this sometimes cause well the bathroom is too small for my stroller! Ya i hate my double...But i just lie it back and change them and its done.I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
Have you tried giving him a toy to distract him? Maybe he doesn't feel safe on the change table or he knows it's not his usual change table.



I'm not really sure.I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
My son has never done this, but a little boy I used to be a nanny for did. I just sat on a toilet with him in my lap and changed him. He really never grew out of it. He was just terrified of the changing stations.I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
Just use the universal washroom, or the change table in the ladies washroom.I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
make it a game . when you go in there just sit him there for a few minutes playing then (still playing a game, like 'peek-a-boo') quickly change him. when you are all done still sit there for a like bit talking and playing with him. hug him close and say 'what a good boy' or 'see that wasn't so bad' then reward him with something. a new toy or a fresh bottle.



ice cream works for my little one.I can%26039;t change baby in public anymore?
my nephew has started to do this, we have no clue why all of a sudden he started crying like crazy one day until we took him back outside? hope it doesn't develop into a big thing.



maybe if you carry a changing mat with you (one you can fold up and use it at home to, then when you out its the same feeling on his bum. that's what my sister does.



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment