Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to change baby's last name?

Ever since my daughter was born i have regreted not hypenating her last name with mine and my dad's ( I just let her have his). We have been friends for almost 3 years and had a little %26quot;accident.%26quot; We will probably never get married or be anything more then exclusive friends with benies.



He is a good dad, i want to stress that point, however, his job is too demanding to be a full time parent. Right now we have a visitation schedule with him at 10% of the time, he has never gone a full week taking all of the visits. She will never live with him and he will probably never have any more custody then he does now. So I want her to have both last names and grow up that way.



She is 6 months old and we live in California, she has been baptised, does anyone know how to start the process?How to change baby%26039;s last name?
You need to contact County Recorders office for your county. Explain that you are trying to change your child's last name. The babies father has to approve. In CA, they do admendments to birth certs - so your daughter will have one cert that states her name at birth and the next page will be the new name. Its not that difficult to do especially if both parties agree.How to change baby%26039;s last name?
You have to fill out a change of name form with the state. You have to explain why you want the name change (so criminals can't just change their names to avoid prosecution) and pay a fee. I'm not sure if you'll have to have both parent's signatures to change the name, so hopefully he's okay with the name change.How to change baby%26039;s last name?
yes i do , if he is not on the birth record, then you can change that yourself, by going down to the birth record place, where u live, but if he is, then you need to go to a lawyer to help get that changed,because he's on the birth record..Good luck!How to change baby%26039;s last name?
that is something i believe you need to consult an atty about

call Debbi 1-866-471-3782 or www.debbicarroll.com and please tell her mark referred youHow to change baby%26039;s last name?
u have to go to court... its a legal matter...

and since she is too young to do it herself, he might also have to consent the name change...



otherwise its legal to do a name change... but u have to go b4 a judge and get it approvedHow to change baby%26039;s last name?
In New Jersey you contact your attorney or go to your county courthouse and request a name change form. The whole process takes about a month to do. It shouldn't cost more then $500.00. As long as both you and the babies father agree. Then all the babies paperwork can be correct to reflect the name change. I am sure it's not much different in California. Good Luck!How to change baby%26039;s last name?
I have the forms right in front of me. i tried doing the same thing with my daughter because there was a mistake on the birth certificate made by my boyfriend. I don't know the name to where you have to call. I had to call a office in my states capital. They took too long to do my papers and the forms that I filled out kept on going to the wrong offices. They just kept on throwing my papers to the wrong people in the building. So her name never got fixed.



After the baby is 1 they can no longer change the baby's last name unless in court. The form that I have is titled%26quot; Voluntary Acknowledgment Of paternity.%26quot; You need all of mother info and all of fathers info, you also need both signatures. You can call the hospital where your baby was born ask for the maternity floor and ask the nurse for a number to call to start the process. I signed papers when my baby was 2 weeks old and they didn't do their job right. So now the baby and I are out of luck because of them. I also paid a $15 fee.



If I were you I would start the process now. Good luck.How to change baby%26039;s last name?
since you gave her her fathers last name he will have to consent to it.i think the best thing u could do is give her your last name as well as his last name it will be a legal matter and u will have to go to courtHow to change baby%26039;s last name?
I live in Maryland and I want to do the same thing, over here you have a year to make any changes to the babies name, all I have to do is send and a form which im not sure where to get. Hopefully is as easy over there, good luck.How to change baby%26039;s last name?
Here is something to look at

No comments:

Post a Comment