Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change baby's name from father's to my maiden?

The fathers name is not on the birth certificate and we were never married and I live in the state of Texas. To be honest I was stupid in thinking that things were going to change! I now would like to make a new start and I just can't go on with a Doctor callin me Ms. SO and SO and recieving mail as Ms So and SO!!! ITs torment and I just need to fix my mistake for ignorance! Please HELP!!!!!How do I change baby%26039;s name from father%26039;s to my maiden?
You need to go to name change court for the State of Texas:



http://www.namechangelaw.com/states/texa



This link ought to help you.How do I change baby%26039;s name from father%26039;s to my maiden?
If the father's name was not on the birth certificate, what name did you use? If you used your maiden name, just revert to using it. As far as I know, it is perfectly legal to use any name you want, as long as it is the ONLY name you use. (For example, you can't be Jane Doe for some things and Sue Doeman for others. But you can be Jane Doe for everything, even if your legal name is Sue Doeman)How do I change baby%26039;s name from father%26039;s to my maiden?
To change a child's name, both parents must consent to the name change. That is the way it works in Texas. They did this, because there were women who would remarry, and without even consulting the father, they would change the child(ren)'s name to their new married name. Now, both parents must sign the name change form.



My question, is does the father pay child support? If he does, you may be able to convince him to agree to this. But, you must realize, he will no longer be made to pay child support ever again. He will still have parental rights to the child, but will not be obligated to pay child support. Most fathers who are not really involved with the child will do so just to save the money.



Other than the father agreeing, he would have to be dead. I don't advise this as a means to change the name.How do I change baby%26039;s name from father%26039;s to my maiden?
Using your maiden name for the baby is not right. The baby always uses the last name of his real father (whether you are in a relationship with him or not) . If you give this child your maiden name you are in a sense saying that the baby's father is your father. Ewwwww. It's just weird.How do I change baby%26039;s name from father%26039;s to my maiden?
If the child is less than a year old, you can request that the birth certificate be amended to change your child檚 last name. Contact Texas Vital Statistics to find out information about it. Since Dad檚 name is not on the birth certificate, and assuming paternity hasn檛 been established, then you shouldn't need his permission, because right now he has NO legal rights as far as the child is concerned.



If the child is older than one year, you檒l have to get a court ordered name change.



Of course, at any time, Dad can petition the court to establish paternity and request that the child be given his last name. I檓 not saying a judge would agree to it (he might or might not depending on the details of the case), but Dad can request it.



By the way (in response to a previous reply), the fact that the child doesn檛 carry his father檚 last name does NOT mean that Dad cannot be ordered to pay child support. Of course, Dad can檛 be ordered to pay support until paternity is established (and either you or him can petition to have it established).How do I change baby%26039;s name from father%26039;s to my maiden?
If the father's name isn't on the birth certficiate then the child is already under your maiden name, they usually list the father's name as %26quot;unknown%26quot; if at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment