Thursday, November 18, 2010

Is there any way to change baby's last name?

I just had a baby 3 weeks ago, and had planned to give the baby his father's last name. However, since doing so, I really rather regret it. I didn't think I would, as I figured he would do the responsible thing and step up and pay child support and want to be more than just a %26quot;friend%26quot; to his son... but really all he's looking for is the perks of the job. All play and no responsibility. I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to take him to court for child support... but is there any way I can maybe change his last name in the process?



since he's so young, do I have to go through a huge process? I thought you had a certain amount of time to change your baby's name after birth without any hassle. I just don't want it to become a huge issue... even though I'm sure it will. I hate that I'm now kicking myself for allowing him to have his father's last name...Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
if you're going for support, leave the last name. im sure u can get it done at the court house thoughIs there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
I would just leave it especially if you are taking him to court for child support because he can just have it changed back.Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
I think for legal purposes, you should leave the father's name on the birth certificate.Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
I would still let the child keep his father's last name. He is his child. But if you decide to change it, it will be a hassle. You will have to go through the court systems for it, and my friend tried to do it and she was denied. So it is a hard thing to do.Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
well he is and always will be the biological father of the baby regardless of what happens. why not making the babys last name both of your last names together.Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
You could ask the father to sign to have the name changed since he doesn't want to take up an active role in the babys life. If not then there is really not much of anything you can do.Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
you will have to go to the county courthouse where you live. It should only cost about $25.00. Did the dad sign the birth certificate? If so, your in for more than $25.00. To get child support contact your local DHS,DHR,(dept. human services/resources) and you can get all the help you need for free.Is there any way to change baby%26039;s last name?
If you are awarded support, I imagine the court will insist you leave the child the same as the afther's. Otherwise I think you have less than a year to revive the name on the birth certificate without any major legal fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment