Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I Change a Baby's Last Name Under Certain Circumstances?

My daughter (7 months) dad has put me through a lot of crap. He is basically living off my expenses and tries to keep my daughter a secret to HIS family. When she was born, I gave her father's last name for her last name. Not too long ago, I called the relationship quits. Now he is trying to make my life a living hell and I still have to pay all the expenses (rent, diapers, baby food, food for myself, his and my laundry, etc.) Also, I have found out when applying for my daughter's passport, that he is not a U.S. citizen (he only has his green card). Is there any way I can change my daughter's last name without having his consent in agreement?

How do I Change a Baby%26039;s Last Name Under Certain Circumstances?
No....Just because all of this is going on with you does not mean you have to change her last name.

That is what your daughter is -whatever his last name is--



This is how people end up with people kin to them and so on by them having their mothers maiden name and not knowing who they are kin too because of it.



Just get a restraining order against him. You will have to go to court over last names and he would have to sign his rights over which he proably would not and why is he not paying child support?How do I Change a Baby%26039;s Last Name Under Certain Circumstances?
What is the point of changing your daughters name at this point? If he is her father it makes sense for her to have his name. If you really want her to have your name you should contact your local social security office and find out what the requirements are for a name change and what you need to do in going about it. It's my understanding that it only requires one parent but I may be wrong. How do I Change a Baby%26039;s Last Name Under Certain Circumstances?
If you change your daughter's last name you will not be able to collect child support unless you provide DNA proof that he is the father. That is something YOU will have to pay for yourself and insurances don't cover DNA testing to prove paternity. If you have called it quits then he should not be living with you at all. You should not be doing his laundry...bag it up and toss it out, tell him to leave and to leave the housekey with you. Since you're not married that shouldn't be too much of a problem But just to enforce child support I'd keep the child's last name as it is. It will save you a lot in court costs. How do I Change a Baby%26039;s Last Name Under Certain Circumstances?
Nope, the father needs to agree to a name change as i assume he is on the birth certificate.How do I Change a Baby%26039;s Last Name Under Certain Circumstances?

Call the hospital where the child was born, ask for Medical Records. They are the ones that took the information to begin with, and filed for the birth of the baby.



Are you applying for food stamps, medicaid, and housing assistance for the baby, I certainly hope so. You deserve it, but please, let this be the last child you deliver until you get back on your feet financially and can supply their needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment