Thursday, November 18, 2010

Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?

Just curious how many others have encountered this. When I go to change my son, he is upset that he is being set there in the first place. Then while I attempt to change him he writhes and wriggles, making it a much, much harder task then it needs to be. He is seventh months old.Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
I have to be firm with my 15 month old son sometimes. He wriggles and squirms and I have found that its the little things on the change table that he wants. So I have a little toy that I give him to distract him. Its a little dosing cup from Tylenol that looks like a shot glass. He thinks he is not supposed to have it, so he wants it when I change him. I give it to him so he sits still for the 45 seconds it takes to clean him up.Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
My son is 28 months and still does thisChanging baby boy a nearly impossible task?
yes wait until he gets to 18 months and runs every time you go to get him changed or to change his nappy and it turns into a severe temper tantrum!Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
yep around 6-7 months they have figured out how to role over and wiggle and even crawl off. so they do not want to be on their backs. it makes diaper changes a whole lot more difficult.



i have found if i change him on the floor he wiggles, but if on the contoured changing pad, then he sits still.



try distracting him with a toy. some kids go threw this phase fast and others hold on to it forever.Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
My son does the same thing when I try to put his diaper back on.Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
It gets worse........give him a toy to play with, sing songs, put up pictures on the ceiling, pictures on the walls........anything to get him to hold still. Lol We all go through this eventually!Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
If you think the wiggles are bad, wait until he tries to sit up, turn over, crawl away, then runaway....so much fun!!Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
Yes our son does this and it drives my husband crazy. Just change him on the floor and try to work with the twists and wiggles thats what i do at least OR give him a toy to play with while you are changing him.



It really doesnt get easier as they get older some run away from a change naked butt flying thru the house.lol....enjoy the squirming Id say.Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
my son will be 6 months on sunday and started doing that now for about a month and yes it is a very hard task to do. I put a toy on his chest and usually distracts him long enough to get it done with. I got sick of getting peed on (but has made in the garbage can a couple of times, lol)Changing baby boy a nearly impossible task?
ive always used the musical mobile while im changing him so he can watch it. or try giving him a toy to hold. i actually have the opposite problem. my son gets super happy to get his change and starts kicking and grabbing my hands thinking its play time. it makes it impossible because hes a strong little guy and kicks hard. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment