Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change a baby's pierced ears?

I got my daughter's ears pirced 5 weeks ago. I was wondering when it is okay to change them. I got her new gold earrings, not the gold plated stuff they pirced them with. One person told me to wait til 8 weeks had passed, and do it really quick, otherwise they would close up. I don't believe there's a way to do it %26quot;really quick%26quot;, unless they were my own ears. Can anyone give me any advice on this.

P.S. Please no ridicules if you think piercing an 8 month old's ears is horrendous. I thought about it for months and months and finally decided to do it. She is fine, they didn't bother her, and everything is cool, so i'd rather not hear anything about me being a child abuser, okay?How do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
I would wait the six weeks suggested, then change them out while she's sleeping. I had my daughters piereced when she was 2 and I actually waited about 8 or 9 weeks to change them and the holes were kind of gunked up with junk I had a hard time cleaning out. It's fine now, but I think I should have changed them at 6 weeks like suggested. Good Luck :)How do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
I personally would wait a little longer before changing them. I would do it while she is asleep if you think you can, that way she is not squirming around on you and hopefully you can do it quickly.How do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
I did my daughter's when she was 6 months... my pediatrician did it, and she only cried when they were using the sharpie to mark her lobes!! Once she chilled out, they pierced them and my daughter only gave the Dr. a dirty look!!



Anyway, I did wait until the full 8 weeks. the plating on those piercer ones are good enough to wait a few more weeks... actually I've used her piercers before, last year I wore them for months - bathing, swimming, sleeping... and I had no problems with them... so they should be fine.How do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
Child abuser?? I wander what they'd call me since I had my daughter's ears pierced at 2 months old. They are perfectly fine, she hardly cried and was too small to mess with them. I think they're pretty.



I think you should treat her ears just like you would treat your own if you were to have them pierced. Wait until the advised 6 week period that most piercers suggest, then pop them out when she's not paying too much attention. I took them out when she was laying on her changing table after the bath and put in new ones while she had a bottle. She never noticed.



Good luck from one child abuser to another! ;)How do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
They wont close up...unless you have them out for a long amount of time...I got my first daughters done when she was 4 months old and my second daughter when she was 10 mo. old.....my youngest had her one out for a couple of days and it never closed up, It happened with 2 months after they were pierced...Theres not really a quick way to do it.. just be gentle. and just in case shes tries to move, have another person to help....Best of luckHow do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
I seem to recall that the minimum is 6 weeks for the initial healing process. I would wait at least until then. Please make sure that any earring you put on your baby has the screw-on type backs or the kind that are very hard to pull off so she doesn't swallow them.How do i change a baby%26039;s pierced ears?
As long as you have regularly twisted the earrings and kept the piercing clean as the person whom pierced them should have told you, it should be OK to change them.

Normally, you can change earrings after 2 to 3 weeks; 5 weeks is definitely long enough.

Obviously, you can't change them in seconds, just I wouldn't keep earrings out of the holes for more than a few hours.

Just please, please please, do not put dangling or hoop earrings on your baby. She could tug and pull and possibly rip her earlobes, keep to simple stud earrings until she's old enough to understand; possibly until she's 5 yrs or older.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment