Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to change baby's formula?

My baby is 2 mons and 2 wks and I give her similac sensitive liquid because she has a lot gas but she's getting better. but it's really hard for me to take her out because I have to heat up her formula and it's kinda of a hassle cos portable bottle warmers suck plus I don't have enough breast milk. Every time I change her formula to powder or similac advanced liquid (which comes in little bottles and you take with you on the go)she throws up and I feel really bad. So what should I do?How to change baby%26039;s formula?
You should speak with her pediatrician about this issue..How to change baby%26039;s formula?
When i changed from liquid to powder I would do 1/2 and 1/2, so for a 4oz bottle i would use purified bottle water and make 2 oz, shake and then pour the 2oz of premade liquid into it. Also, burp her more frequently during the change to break up the bubbles and help prevent spit ups. Eventually just keep reducing the liquid and go to all powder. They make the powder kinds for sensitive stomachs, gassy babies, and soy versions if needed, so it may just be trial and error. If all else fails make sure to let the doctor know. Good Luck! :)How to change baby%26039;s formula?
you could get similac sensitive liquid in 'ready to go bottles'

then you could take them along without having to keep them cold and then look for a place to warm them upHow to change baby%26039;s formula?
Consult with the baby's doctor on which formula is best for your baby.How to change baby%26039;s formula?
Time yourself... Try to feed her before you leave (Breast Feeding is the BEST!!! the more you try the more the milk will come also if you take a HOT cloth and leave them on your breast. But anyway back to your question feed her before you leave and then make a bottle right as your about to walk out the door. Make the bottle Extra Hot if you use a microwave heat it for about 55 sec. By the time your ready to use it, it should be just right and put it in those bottle carriers you get with baby bags.How to change baby%26039;s formula?
I'm not sure what the best idea is here. I would leave her on the same formula just because it seems to be helping. I had one of those car plug in bottle warmers and it worked really well although it gets VERY hot on the outside.How to change baby%26039;s formula?
You don't *have* to warm milk up.

It's nice to, but will not hurt baby if you don't.I actually had to do that with my first because of certain reasons and he didn't mind it at all so I did that with my second as well.They feel more comforted with it heated though.



Why are you doing liquid and not powder?

I preferred the powder instead.Instead of shaking the bottle and creating bubbles, I stirred it with a butter knife.



I also used nestle good start.It was so sensitive on my babys tummies and now they have a probiotic form which i wish they had it when my were younger.How to change baby%26039;s formula?
It took me a while to change too -- I have switched to similac isomil powder first (because it's very gentle and soy based -- if you don't mind) my baby was 2 months old and after that I have switched to similac organic so he could have the mild based formula, but it caused constipation for my son and he was a little sensitive to milk so after that I had to switch back to similac isomil and very happy with it. Right now I started giving him the organic 4 times a week, just so he gets the milk based formula in his system as well.

You baby is still very little and talk to your doctor first and see if he can help you in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment