Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change my baby's sleeping pattern?

Can anyone help PLEASE? I have a 16 week old boy (he was weeks prem) he falls asleep at 11pm - gets up at 2am for a feed - sleeps until 5am gets up for a feed, falls asleep at 6am and sleeps until 2pm the next day!!! Can any give me hints on how to shift this back a bit so he is getting his main sleep at a more reasonable hour say 11pm?How can I change my baby%26039;s sleeping pattern?
The only thing you can do it let him adjust naturally, but you can help the transition a little.



At night when he wakes, keep the lights dim, talk very softly, turn off the radio or tv if you have it on.



During the day, don't turn the volume down on the tv or radio, keep the lights on and/or the blinds open in all rooms (even during naps), and talk to him in a normal volume and excited voice.



He will naturally notice the difference between day and night if you make it obvious like that, and he will slowly adjust to it.



Don't try to force him to stay awake if he's sleepy, just let him adjust on his own. If you try to force it, you will both be in for a very stressful time.How can I change my baby%26039;s sleeping pattern?
Hi everyone I go to bed late and i wake up in the during the night and when i do i wake up in the middle. ?

I think i have insomnia because its been like this for the past year. And what happens is that i try to go to bed around ten or 11 o'clock but i can't fall asleep. Before this never used to happen. I could just lie down in my bed and before i know it i would be snoring. I would wake up Fresh and healthy and not tried with a full night sleep . But since last year i haven't had a good and healthy full goodnight sleep and i go to bed tried wake up early in the morning around 6 or 7 o clock feeling tried. I don't wanna wake around that time because i feel very sleepy and very tried. some told me to go to the doctor to get some sleeping tablets so you can reset your sleeping pattern but i think that's dangerous because it will work for a week than what if it goes back to normal than i can't keep on taking those tablets. Some times i wake up in the middle of the night for no reason and i can't go back to sleep so i Just listen to some music for an hour or two. i need someone help with this because its keeping me achieving all my potential and its effecting my training and my education a lot. I your help please contact me with good suggestions lp.



thank youHow can I change my baby%26039;s sleeping pattern?
I changed my sons pattern at 6 weeks. If you're up for a couple of days from hell, then this is worth a try. I didn't let him sleep as much during the day. Don't cut out day time naps completely, because he needs those. But don't let him sleep as long. Wake him after an hour and play with him for a while, feed him, keep him entertained, etc. Keep dt naps short and more awake time. He might be crabby and tired for a couple of days, but he'll start sleeping more at night and adjusting to a pattern that fits your lifestyle better. Good luck!How can I change my baby%26039;s sleeping pattern?
he is a preemie so things are different for them. Just go with the flow and time will tell. Try to keep him up a little more when he is awake and change his timing slowly.How can I change my baby%26039;s sleeping pattern?
I always played with them and forced them to stay awake until as late as possible when they started to do the middle of the night deals. after a few days it would even back out.How can I change my baby%26039;s sleeping pattern?
you hav to attend to the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment