Thursday, November 18, 2010

Do you change baby's diaper after only one pee?

A lot of the time pretty much right after I change my son%26039;s diaper he pees in his new one. It doesn%26039;t feel wet at all and I think to change him again would make us go through a whole lot of diapers really quickly.



However my MIL feels like he needs to be changed as soon as he has taken even the tiniest tinkle. I always change him before a car ride; as soon as we get there she is asking for a diaper. I always tell her he doesn%26039;t need one and she always says he smells like pee.



So just wondering how you do things with diaper duty? (and of course if he poops I change him right away!)Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
You can%26039;t even ask a question on here anymore w/out people acting like you are a horrible mother. I love the one %26quot;I don%26039;t have a kid yet, but when I do%26quot;... If there is 1 thing I can%26039;t stand is people who don%26039;t even have kids telling you how they will raise theirs. Yeah, we%26039;ll see.

First of all, how do you even know your baby has peed once? More often than not you don%26039;t. So these people who are saying they change the diaper as soon as their baby pees are either liars, stupid b/c they think they can tell after the 1st pee, when really it%26039;s the 10th pee or spend all day checking inside the baby%26039;s diaper. Which I can%26039;t believe the last one is true b/c right now they are on YA %26amp; their baby could%26039;ve peed in the time they were answering this question.

Second of all, in the book %26quot;what to expect the first year%26quot; which I will listen to any day over a bunch of judgmental internet people, it says it%26039;s perfectly fine to even skip a diaper change over night %26amp; just let your baby sleep. So if that%26039;s ok, I think one pee is.

3rd of all, how rude of your MIL. I would be so offended if somebody told me my kid smelled like pee. That is acting like you are not taking care of your child! Next time I would tell your MIL your son was just changed %26amp; ask her if she knows the difference between the smell of a dirty diaper %26amp; just a diaper. %26amp; make sure you say it w/ a little attitude so she knows you are annoyed!

My son is changed on average every 2-3 hours unless he poos or unless it%26039;s really hot out. Then I do it about every hour b/c it can really cause a nasty heat/diaper rash. %26amp; sometimes I skip a changing over night so it could be as long as 4-5 hours %26amp; he is doing just fine in the diaper rash dept. I agree that nobody wants to sit around in their pee but do they think you are using cloth diapers?? These things are made to hold liquid. Granted, 5 hours is long %26amp; I would never do that during the day but if it%26039;s not irritating him, he%26039;s going to be happier getting his sleep!Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
You are right they are rude! And I do change my baby almost everytime she pees because when she pees she does alot! I really dont like her sitting in pee and she dont either she hates it. You can change your baby ANYTIME you want tell her to buy the diapers if she wants you to change the smallest diaper! I buy about 300 dollars worth in diapers sometimes and put them up that way if i dont have the money i will have her diapers. And dont be hurt! Its fine like I said he is YOUR baby and you can change him when u wantDo you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Tell your MIL to take it easy unless she plans on buying you diapers for him.



I would just change mine like every two hours since my son wouldn%26039;t pee until after we took the diaper off.



Take the diaper off and let the cold air hit em down there, then flop the dirty diaper back up for a few seconds and hopefully that will get him to go again before you put the new one on.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
If his diaper isn%26039;t wet (like squishy wet), I can see what you mean, I work in a childcare center, we change every two hours (or more if they pooped)and sometimes they are even dry then (and i mean infants). I know that parents don%26039;t change that way at home (and sometimes they come with diaper rash, but not often). A different center i use to work at wanted us to change them EVERY hour, with 4-6 kids to change, you spend half your day changing diapers. Tell your MIL to leave it alone.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
I can see a lot of idiots and people who obviously don%26039;t have kids answered your question. No I don%26039;t change my son the second he pees, I would go through a pack of diapers every 2 days if I did that. I change when it looks/feels like he needs to be changed and if he poops. We go through about 8 diapers a day.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Oh well, I guess I%26039;m a bad mom right along with you. :)



No, I don%26039;t change my son%26039;s diaper every single time he pees. Obviously if it%26039;s buckets then, of course, but if it%26039;s just a tiny amount then I see no sense in wasting a diaper when it%26039;s going to need changed two hours from that time! He rarely has diaper rashes so obviously I%26039;m doing okay.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Seriously? Wow, I don%26039;t even know how to tell every time my daughter pees, it seeps right into the diaper away from her skin. If I changed her diaper EVERY time she peed, I would be going through at least 25 diapers a day.



My daughter rarely/never gets a rash and I only change it every 2 or so hours.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
well these ppl r all freakin out but if its one pee, dont worry so much.

if she wants to pay for the diapers well id say let her change the baby as much as her heart desires lol



but its a total waste to change the diaper EVERY time the baby pees...thats like thousands of dollars.



id say after a couple pees maybe 3 but dont wait too long, because theyll prolly get cranky or a rash.



plus, some cheap diapers would leak =/Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
No I only do when I think she needs to be changed, about every 3 hr%26039;s or so..give or take unless she pooped.

I would be wondering about your MIL though...that doesn%26039;t sound right to me...think about it.

EDIT: Do you know how many diapers you would have to go through if you changed it EVERY time the baby had a little pee..?? Common people!

You guys must all be millionaires or something.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
dont get upset,

come on people, are you serious? good nappies draw away the moisture! i change my baby after every feed, and before i go out anywhere.

you can%26039;t expect to change a disposable nappy after every dribble, be realistic!Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
let him pee a couple times,diaper rash isnt from letting them sit in pee or poo,its from not washing them properly after they do it,most people just use a baby wipe, we wash them in the sink or bathtub,with soap and water after they pee and poo,everytime.i have 4 kids oldest 9 ,6,5 22 months,all have never had diaper rash or a rash of any sort on their bottom.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
i have a 5 month old....if he pee%26039;s and it is only one...i dont change it....i dont worry about it....when i do i wipe him well but i dont worry about it.....not a stupid question i asked that one also....and alot of other questions.....Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
for me....i just change it when he pees alot and it looks like the diaper is sagging...Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
to be honest i do it the exact same as you do, my baby barely gets diaper rash and she doesnt get crankyDo you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
i only change them after they poop and i can really smell the poopDo you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
if its just a small tinkle, i wouldnt worry.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Wow. I think a lot of people have misinterpreted your question. You don%26039;t seem to be asking if it%26039;s ok to let your son sit in pee, you appear to be asking if others wait until a diaper is truly wet before changing it. I do. My son%26039;s doctor says between 6 and 8 diaper changes a day are normal at his age (almost 14 months) and it means he is getting enough to eat/drink. If I were to change him every single time he peed I would go through a huge amount of diapers. Those liners are in the diapers for a reason. Now I will admit, on occasion, he has peed in a fresh diaper such a large amount that I have to go ahead and change him again. But that only usually happens when I change him when he%26039;s not quite awake yet, and once he wakes up, he pees a bunch! As far as your MIL thinking he smells like pee, it could be the diapers. I have noticed that certain brands, while locking moisture ok, are really smelly! I like to use pampers, but I usually use luvs (more affordable, , same leak protection) and I can tell a difference from one box to another. Some of them are better than others, even from the same brand. Like my last box of luvs, the tabs weren%26039;t folded right and I could smell pee on my son. But this box is perfectly fine. But anyway, it really sucks that people were so hateful to you over a simple question like this. But we are all just random people on the internet, so try not to take it too personally. You just might drive yourself nuts! I wonder how many people will give me a thumbs down since this question is 10 hours old? Oh, well, have a great day!Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
LOL! I only read the first 10 or so of your answers...



No, I don%26039;t. Sorry for those of you that think I%26039;m a horrible mother! :D



I changer her diaper every 3-4 hours. She doesn%26039;t seem to go a lot during the day. Or she goes so little each time.



Don%26039;t worry about these people on here and their answers, bet half of the mean ones don%26039;t have kids of their own. Oh well...



Now, during the night! I wish I could get myself up every few hours to change her, because she pees through kind of often. Just last night I had to change her whole bedding. :( Apparently the sleep brings out the pee!!Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
OMG.. some people...



Listen Girlfriend, you change with every pee, you%26039;re gonna go broke. Babies may not be able to talk but they do let us know when something is bothering them, with cries and fussing. MIL is doing her sibling rivalry, get used to that... :) Get her to start changing the babies diaper when she feels it%26039;s stinky and when she sees how often that is... MIL will suddenly realise it not stinky at all. LOL



As for the diaper changes, when you feel it%26039;s full enough, change it. When he feels it%26039;s full enough he will be fussy. As for diaper rashes... a little wipe down with a bum wipe, let air dry and a dash of baby powder will halt any of that no matter how long a diaper stays on for.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Diapers are so super absorbent today, it%26039;s really hard to tell if there%26039;s just one pee in there.

If I%26039;m holding my daughter, and her diaper suddenly gets warm, I%26039;ll change her. But, she plays on the floor a lot, so I%26039;m not always aware of the temperature of her diaper. (There%26039;s no missing when she poops, she%26039;s a grunter.)

I give my daughter a lot of diaper-free time, too. Right after I%26039;ve cleaned up a poopie butt, and right after a bath. And she pees on the floor at least once. Usually twice. In the span of 20 minutes.

So, no. I probably don%26039;t change immediately after each pee. But I do check to see if there%26039;s any %26quot;squish%26quot; whatsoever to the diaper, and if there is, I will change it.

Is your son a newborn?

Tell your MIL that a lot of baby diapers have a smell to them that can be mistaken for pee, even when they haven%26039;t yet been WORN. (It%26039;s true. Go sniff a clean diaper.)Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
My little boy is 4 weeks old and I change him at every feed time. He is feeding every 3 hours during the day. If he does a poo before that then I will change him but not if hes only done one wee.



Don%26039;t worry about what other people think. ;)



Also, if your son has nappy (diaper) rash then I%26039;d suggest changing him more frequently and maybe letting him have some nappy-free time during the day.



I think alot of people on here saying that you have to change him every time he does a wee must either not be parents themselves and therefor have no idea about the cost of nappies OR they are millionaires.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
No sweetie, you do not, ask your self do you have money to go through that many diapers a week, and if your MIL.,,,THINKS YOU ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT THAN TELL HER TO BUY THEM.some times people think they are always right, and moms and mil are the worse, cause they are more protective of the grand kids. espesially when it is the first, and feel as though they need to teach you,.sweetie you need to tell her to bud out now cause if you don%26039;t diapers are just her first target toward you.

tell her that if you need to know something you will ask her, but you are his mom and you feel you are doing it right.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
no i don%26039;t. i change him when the diaper gets noticeably squishy. if he%26039;s wearing clothes over his diaper than you shouldn%26039;t be able to immediately tell anyway. i understand you not wanting to go through a ton of diapers and waste $ on them constantly. and that is precisely what it would be, a waste if you changed him every hour or less. i change my sons diaper whenever he needs it and immediately after he poops. my son has only had diaper rash twice, and one of those was a result of food sensitivity and the other was from a sitter leaving poop on him too long. i use powder at every change and occasionally alternate that with vaseline.



i don%26039;t think you are doing anything wrong or cruel to your child. don%26039;t let others on here make u feel less than a wonderful mommy, as i%26039;m sure you are since you are asking this question. if your son never has a rash, then so be it. that is the whole point of changing diapers- to prevent rash. and also to keep urine and stool from leaking onto clothing. so if neither of those things are happening, you are doing a great job. if your mil thinks he smells like urine, try scented diapers or scented baby powder or both. that should mask any and all smells if there be any or at least provide a pleasant scent for every1.



don%26039;t let these malicious crap talkers get to u. its just the internet. and for what its worth, i think your doing a great job.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
No I dont, Ive actually felt her nappy after just one and its dry, I just change her every couple of hours, how do I know if she%26039;s pee%26039;d anyway, I%26039;m not going to constantly check her every 5 mins.



I use huggies nappies, maybe the other brands arent absorbabnt with the dry liner? IDK, but it%26039;s pointless.



Eb has only ever once had nappie rash, it was when she poo%26039;d once at night and wasn%26039;t changed til the morning. (Obviously I didn%26039;t know she had poo%26039;d)



EDIT*

%26quot;If you train your child to be comfortable sitting in pee, your child is not going to potty train. Absolutely not. Sitting in wetness is all he knows. Why on earth would he potty train? Change him. It%26039;s a pain, yes. It%26039;s expensive to go through the diapers, yes. But if you weren%26039;t geared up to spend money on a baby or be inconvenienced, you should not have had a child.%26quot;



HAHA LOL, That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. They aren%26039;t sitting in wetness, nappies are designed to absorb it and keep their bums dry.



Toiliet traing has nothing to do with %26039;sitting in wetness%26039;, it%26039;s about realising when they are peeing and going to the toilet.



And how stupid saying only rich people should have kids.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Oblige your mother-in-law when in her presence. It pays to keep the family peace.



New babies tend to get changed more frequently, and then the older they get, the child is changed less often.



I tend to change a baby according to:

1) the amount in the diaper

2) if we are not going to be at home for some time

3) if it is bedtime or the child has been sleeping a long time.



***Cloth diapered kids need changing a little more frequently than kids wearing disposables. It %26quot;feels%26quot; wet sooner.



Additional: in response to those who ask if the adult would want to wear wet pants - let me ask you women who wear a pad in your panties - how often do %26quot;you%26quot; change it? I doubt it is every hour. So, what is the difference with a baby in disposables? They both have the %26quot;gel%26quot; that absorbs and the liner so you don%26039;t feel the wetness on your skin. And they both have deodorant.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
My MIL is the exact opposite of yours. It has to be wet to the touch for her to change it, even if it is pretty full. I think diapers are made to absorb the moisture and keep them dry for a couple hours or so. They don%26039;t sit in pee, if they are good diapers. I change my son when I smell pee and see that it is becoming fuller.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
Just out of curiousity, where do you buy diapers? $40 for a box of 100 is wayyyy over priced. You can get a box of 100 at Target for $28.99 for Pampers. (and that%26039;s California prices, and everything is more expensive here) I was just there yesterday and picked up a box. You can also get their store brand

(which i%26039;m told is made by Pampers as well, if that sort of thing matters to you *some people are brandwhores*) and for like $6.49 you can get 40.



You might want to change where you buy diapers, because you are definitely over paying.





I generally change her as needed through out the day, which normally every 2 hours or so. And then she sleeps the entire night without a diaper change. She%26039;s only had a rash once and she%26039;s 11 months old. I don%26039;t think you need to change every hour, or for the slightest hint of wetness. Obviously change the baby though, if they are fussy and upset about being wet.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
I suspect many of your answers are from people who are not parents.



I don%26039;t change after one pee ... to me, that is overkill. If I did that I%26039;d be changing my son 20x + per day and I%26039;d be going through a box of diapers once per week (at about $40.00 that%26039;s insane). Diapers need not be changed after every pee, after every poop obviously they do.



My son has never gotten diaper rash either.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
If the diaper is not wet I will sometimes wait but I always feel and check it out. Sometimes with your MIL you just have to put your foot down, take your baby, check him, and say whether he is okay or not. Just if the diaper feels wet at all inside it can cause a diaper rash, but Lexi has never had a diaper rash at all. I feel bad sometimes when I don%26039;t change her right away but I know it is ok. I mean it would be like changing her outfi if she gets a little juice on it. Its your call and momma knows best. Also when you change him open the diaper and let the air hit him and cover him back up with the old diaper and give him a second to see if he pees a little then put the new one on.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
As a mother and a preschool teacher I will tell you something everyone else hasn%26039;t yet (since all the other answers seem to sound the same). If you train your child to be comfortable sitting in pee, your child is not going to potty train. Absolutely not. Sitting in wetness is all he knows. Why on earth would he potty train? Change him. It%26039;s a pain, yes. It%26039;s expensive to go through the diapers, yes. But if you weren%26039;t geared up to spend money on a baby or be inconvenienced, you should not have had a child.Do you change baby%26039;s diaper after only one pee?
that suckss,,

The cleaniness of that area is important or else rashes and stuff will happen.

I adivse you to go and get the cheapest diapers you can find so you dont spend so much money. it doesnt matter how many times you change the baby andd... maybe your baby is drinking to much ?
  • best piece of advice for
  • myspace live
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment