Thursday, September 22, 2011

Will the courts require a DNA test to change my baby's last name or put me on the birth certificate?

due to marital issues, my name was never put on the Birth Certificate and my baby daughter was given my wife's maiden name. how do I go about fixing both issues? There was a question to who the father was, but I got a non-legally binding DNA test and the results state the baby belongs to me. me and the wife are reconciling. I know if there is a question to the biological father, the courts will order a legally binding paternity test. I already have the test, its just not %26quot;legally-binding%26quot;. If the wife acknowledges with the courts, whether in person or in writing (i'm gonna do writing and notarized to be safe) that the child is mine, will the courts be fine with that, or will they still require a a legal DNA test? And do i need a lawyer to change my babies last name to mine, or can that be legally agreed upon in courts, or to whom ever it concerns?Will the courts require a DNA test to change my baby%26039;s last name or put me on the birth certificate?
changing the name is one thing, the mothe should be able to do that fairly easily. but having your name added to the birth certificate is another. a dna test will be required.Will the courts require a DNA test to change my baby%26039;s last name or put me on the birth certificate?
Figuring out if the baby is yours and changing the last name have nothing to do with each other. If your wife agrees to change the last name to yours all you have to do is go to court and change it. You guys could also change the last name to whatever you want. She chose to have the last name be her last name when she filed the name with the social security department.

All the DNA test does is prove that you have rights to the child for visitation and it makes you liable for any child support if you guys split up again.

If your wife won't agree to get the babies last name changed to your last name I wouldn't bother with a lawyer because you won't win without her agreeing.
  • studying art
  • delegates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment