Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?

Just wondering! My husband and I feel ready to have our first baby. We are a bit young, however we started dating at 15, so I knew we would have kids young. We have been married for over 2 years, and together for over 5. Im about 21 now and he is about 24.



I do not plan on getting pregnant quite yet though...we want to wait until the start of the year!



But, we are not partiers at all.....we go out a lot to dinner, and go to movies occasionally. But, we will live by my parents and my mom always talks about how she wants to babysit ALL the time, so Im sure we can go on our movie date once a month or so. We like going to the mall, going to disneyworld, and to the beach, or the pool or walks in the part. I think a baby would fit in PERFECTLY with us?How did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?
There are a lot of ways a baby would fit into your life, yes. But what I miss most are the quiet evenings at home, relaxing on the couch, watching TV, talking leisurely, or cooking something more demanding that spaghetti. Our evenings are races to get everything done, with a screaming colicky baby in the background. We don't get to %26quot;connect%26quot; and talk as much, and there seems to be no %26quot;down time.%26quot; On weekend mornings we use to sleep in and then make a leisurely breakfast listening to the radio. I really miss that too! So even though having a baby is exciting and wonderful and life changing, I'd say stock up on as much quiet couple time as you can right now, before you give it up. Traveling anywhere will take a lot longer too, and be much more of a hassle, so enjoy that now!How did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?
With my first husband it made things better at first but then we found out we were two totally different people when it came to our views of raising a child and we divorced not even two years later.

With my second husband, it brought us closer than what we were and we are happier than ever.How did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?
You guys are awesome! I was 17 when I married my 20 year old husband. I am now 21 and he is 24 and we are actually pregnant with our second baby!

Our first son came just days after our 2 year anniversary. I have said it a hundred times, but I had 2 years of falling so completely in love with my husband and now I have had 2 amazing years falling in love with the father of my son.

For us it was just another part of each other we got to meet and fall in love with when we became parents. Now I cant wait to see how my husband changes when he meets his daughter for the first time! That is going to be fun!





good luck to you both!How did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?
You know yourselves best. My husband and I are TTC and we waited until we were financially stable and ready to have a baby. Not just because we didn't party and liked to go to dinner. It is a huge responsibility! I watched several friends right out of high school get pregnant and think it was going to be a walk in the park- until reality hit them in the face and oh how their minds changed quick! I think it's kind of funny that you say you guys enjoy walks in the park =] If you think you can support yourselves and a baby - and do it in a healthy manner then more power to you! Good luckHow did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?
Sounds like you are ready to have a baby! My husband and I were closer because we were a team. You and your husband have to be secure enough in your relationship to realize that the baby will come first before the needs of the spouse. Talk about it so that everyone is on the same page. It didn't bother my husband because he realized that he needed to do things for himself sometimes when I was busy with the baby. He started giving the baby her 9PM feeding so I could have a few minutes alone or load the dishwasher etc. Our relationship was not as spontaneous but having a family is wonderful. Just know that your days of coming home on Friday, throwing a bag in the car and going away for the weekend are over for awhile.How did having a baby change your life and your realationship with your spouse?
Whether planned or not a baby is a whole new experience. The most different and challenging is the changing of mindset from a 2 people family to a 3 with high needs. So your wants and needs go on the backburner and you'll learn to make sacrifices.

Unfortunately the problem arises when you feel you sacrificed too much or the other person didn't sacrifice enough and resentment comes in

Once you have bub it's quite hard to go out and about as not only do they come with a lot of accessories but they also do things unexpectedly at the wrong moments lol eg. you'll have to change nappies in the back of the car before you get to the restaurant etc.



Having your parents there to help is really really helpful and if she's willing to help and babysit you should take up the offer



If you think you and your partner is ready then go for it ^^ you're old enough to not be too young and mature, and young enough to play with your kids and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment