Thursday, September 22, 2011

How to put my baby in my Husband's last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?

I am married we have a daughter who is not my Husband.How can I change my baby name to my Husband's?How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
Your husband does not have to adopt your daughter, nor does your ex have to give up his legal rights for you to change her name. You do need the permission of her biological father, or a judge to change her last name. You will have to go to court and petition for the change.



Some info I got off the web:



It is possible, however, to change a child檚 name without the process of adoption through petitioning the court for a name change by filing certain paperwork. How this works will vary from state to state, and while in the simplest cases you may be able to fill out the forms yourself, you will likely need to consult a lawyer or a legal aid society. You will also need to demonstrate that you have notified (or, if he is long gone, attempted to notify) the child檚 natural father of your desire to change the child檚 name. In some states, the natural father檚 consent is required; in others, it is not. The court will weigh whether or not the name change is in the child檚 best interests and will accept or deny the petition accordingly.



Be aware that changing the last name of a minor child does not change the identity or obligations of the child檚 father. Changing a child檚 last name to match a stepfather檚 does not absolve the natural father from paying child support, nor will it obligate the stepfather to pay child support should his marriage to the mother end in divorce. By contrast, legal stepparent adoption does change the legal identity of the father; the stepfather becomes the legal father, and will be obligated to pay child support if the marriage dissolves. Be aware as well that if your child is an adolescent, the courts will likely require the child檚 written consent to any proposed name change.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
The baby's biological father needs to sign away parental rights first and then you need to take steps for your now husband to adopt her :)How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
Your husband would have to petition the court to adopt the child.



Then you could legally change the child's name to your husband's surname.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
He has to legally adopt her to be able to do that and her real father would have to give up his parental rights.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
he will have to legally adopt the baby. Its simple and they will issue a new birth cert with his name on it.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
If the father of the child is against it, then you have to have his permission.



That is like your husband is adopting the child, which warrants the biological father to consent to that procedure.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
You have to get permission from the birth father if he is still alive. He will have to give up all his parental rights, including visitation and he will not be required to pay child support. Then you have to petition the court. Get an adoption lawyer. It's not as easy as it sounds.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
,he would have to legally adopt the child.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
you need your husband to adopt the child and that the birth father give up his rights of the childHow to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
You can't. In order to do this you have to contact the biological father and get him to give up his parental rights. Then your husband has to adopt your daughter. If your ex gives up his right you can't go after him for child support.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
you baby can legally change their own name at 18. But for now the only way is he has to adopt your baby or be given permission by the person that gave you baby their last name.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
well, you will need your baby's dad to sign over legal right. (if he is still alive) if he isnt.. just go to court. If you don't know who the real father is.. then.. i think you should just go to court..!How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
If you and your child's father have a custody agreement then it should stipulate how much legal custody each of you have (generally 50% each, regardless of physical custody). That means to have a legal name change you would both be required to sign change of name documents (assuming he's not relinquishing parental rights). You'll have to fill out a change of name form explaining why you want the name change (so criminals can't just change their names to avoid prosecution). If bio-dad disagrees and has 50% legal custody then it is a no-go. Or, as others have stated your new husband can legally adopt your child and the change of name will be part of that process. The other option is for her to use it as an AKA (also known as) without legally changing it.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
If the biological father's name is not listed on the child's birth certificate (or any other records), a simple name change will do it.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
he has to legally adopt her for her to have his last name and you would have to go to the court house to do thatHow to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
There are two options-your husband could adopt the baby,or wait until she is older and she can request a name change from the probate court.How to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
Is her father in the picture?

Who he sing legal rights over to your husband?

I think this is a question for a lawyerHow to put my baby in my Husband%26039;s last name legally?My Husband is the Stepfather?
It depends on your location and the situation surrounding the biological other half.



We have nothing to do with my sperm donor (I refuse to call him a father) and I am now married to the man of my dreams and all we had to do is request a name change through the government. I supplied all of the information and I had a legal name change certificate in my hand within 2 weeks. No adoption required.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment