Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changing Baby's Name?

My son will be 3 months old soon and we were thinking about changing his name. I thought we were going to have the baby at home (which would have given me a few days to a week to see him and give him a name) but we ended up in the hospital with a c-section and between the drugs and the pain, I just named him after his father. They really rush you to fill out the birth certificate...

Anyway, I'd like to add a first name (we'll keep his first, middle and last name (ie. John David Doe to Andrew John David Doe) since they're family names but I don't know how to go about it or if I can even do it.

If anyone knows anything about this or could provide web sites with information, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance! :)Changing Baby%26039;s Name?
This is the closest I could find online:

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords



Where I live (WI), you can legally change the baby's name anytime up to the first birthday. I'm not sure if there's a charge involved, but I think it's a pretty simple process. You might want to email support at the website above or find a phone number on there. Good luck!Changing Baby%26039;s Name?
If you contact your town office they should be able to tell you what your state laws are regarding the process.Changing Baby%26039;s Name?
Regardless, you named him that and you had 9 months to choose a name and I think it is wrong. But if you insist then contact the courts and find out what you have to do. it may cost you a bundle of money

No comments:

Post a Comment