Thursday, September 22, 2011

How to change a baby who doesn't like to be changed?

I have a 13 month old and it is almost impossible to change his diaper or his clothes. I have tried giving him a book or toy, singing to him, putting on a favorite TV program, and nothing works. He arches his back, and squirms to get away. When I try to turn him back over to get the diaper changed/clothes on, he starts crying. I have checked to make sure that I am not hurting him, and tried using a calm voice, but nothing works. I have been changing him on the floor (on a mat), and not on a changing table. Any advice?How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
my little one goes through the same thing. it complete sucks! I have found that if I change her on the couch it is much easier. I give her the remote to play with. Also, I don't know why this works, but putting destin on her makes her happy. Also, I will clean my daughter up then let her run around for a few minutes to %26quot;air out%26quot; then I put her down again to diaper her. That makes a difference. She loves the running around time.How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
Maybe make it a game? My son has his moments, lol, and I know you've tried singing to him, but maybe if you sing a song he can go along with? My son's fave is %26quot;Five Little Pumpkins%26quot;. He can be in the fussiest mood but when I start singing and doing the voices for that, he's mesmerized and poof! Changing is done! Email me if you want the song ;)How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
grab the feet at the ankles ,, put them together in one hand ,, change diaper with other,,

Take charge NOW ,, your already letting your 13 month old Rule YOU! Your the PARENT!!How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
Use a changing table with the straps on it and just put the straps on him so he can't roll over. He will cry, but he'll just have to get over it =) He'll forgive you.How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
I usually throw my leg across the baby, to help prevent the %26quot;crocodile roll%26quot;How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
I also have a 13 month old and he's on the move to get everywhere he can!



Sometimes he lies down okay for a diaper change and other times he doesn't want to. You just have to be firm and keep him in place (it's for his own good you need to change diapers). I usually talk to my child when changing him or give him a toy to amuse himself with (I find distraction is a good tool to use at this age).



I also have gotten quite good at putting clothes on him as he's moving. Or for other items of clothing I will hold him still but I've started at one end of his room putting his diaper shirt on and ended up in the hallway putting his socks and pants on him. Sometimes just going with the flow and find what works is the key.How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
when my son pulls that, I tap the back of his leg and tell him stop! I remind him that he needs to be changed, and I tell him to deal with it! lol. One of the boys in my daycare refused to put a coat on in 30 degree weather, his mom doesnt want to fight him about it. But sometimes kids have to do things they don't want to. Don't let this continue much longer, or it will get worse, time to step up and teach him that you are boss!How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
I agree with the one who said take charge. My daughter is the same age as your son, and also tries to wriggle away. Like the other one says, they can't wriggle away if you hold the feet! Babies may start to fight being changed, but they hate being dirty, so you have to do it, take control, and reward good behaviour, rather than encourage it with a soothing voice.How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
I'm probably going to get comments about this, but a smack ( just one to get his attention) on the buttocks while the diaper is off, and a firm %26quot;NO%26quot; and a stern look will work, it did for my daughter. They are testing you at this age and it will get more and more, you have to be the parent, not the %26quot;buddy%26quot;How to change a baby who doesn%26039;t like to be changed?
Give him something colorful to look at or hold. If you can, put up a mirror or a small mobile above the changing table. Or, if you have a book that has mirrors in it have him hold that.....you just have to be quick about it as this is the age where they just want to go, go, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment