Thursday, September 22, 2011

If my baby's dad won't sign the birth certificate before a dna test, Can I change the baby's last name later?

The father and I are not married or together. He knows that there is a strong possibility the baby is his and i know it is his. But, he says he doesn't want to sign the birth certificate until after completing a paternity test. Is there anyway to change the baby's last name to his after getting the results back? If so, how hard would it be?If my baby%26039;s dad won%26039;t sign the birth certificate before a dna test, Can I change the baby%26039;s last name later?
Yes..as long as you both give consent..they can change baby's name at any timeIf my baby%26039;s dad won%26039;t sign the birth certificate before a dna test, Can I change the baby%26039;s last name later?
Yes, and the process is easy. Once he signs the affidavit of paternity, it is sent in to Vital Statistics and is changed. The process may be slightly different in your state, but it does not require a judge's order if you do it within your state's time allotment (usually 60 days is free).



Honestly, though, I would keep your surname for the baby unless he marries you. Chances are, he will drift off before the kid is even in kindergarten and you will regret having put his last name on the birth certificate. So many women do.If my baby%26039;s dad won%26039;t sign the birth certificate before a dna test, Can I change the baby%26039;s last name later?
If he wants his name on the birth certificate then he better step up to the plate - otherwise, you snooze, you lose!



If it's you who wants his name on the birth certificate you will probably have to call a lawyer but I don't think it should be very difficult.If my baby%26039;s dad won%26039;t sign the birth certificate before a dna test, Can I change the baby%26039;s last name later?
Yes you can, but im sure you would need a lawyer, or be really good at navigating the system. Honestly though, if he wont step up to the plate and be a father to his child then he doesnt deserve the honor of having a child bear his last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment