Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do you change your baby's diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?

Obviously poops get changed right away -- but what about wet diapers? Do you change them on a schedule or just when they smell wet? When my son was a newborn I got into the habit of changing him every 3 hours, but now that he's 8 months old he can go like 6 hours without wetting his diaper, and I hate to waste a perfectly good diaper. On the other hand, sometimes he'll pee a couple times within an hour or two and he could go through 3 diapers in 3 hours if I keep changing him. How do you do this with your baby?Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
My daughter's now 7 months old and I got into a habit of changing her every time I feed her when she was younger and am still in that routine. The only time I change her more often is when she poops (which is usually just after I've changed her anyway, lol!) or if her nappy seems really heavy. The thing I tell myself is that she normally goes 10-12 hrs on a night anyway without a new nappy, and she would soon let me know if she was uncomfortable! Obviously, some babies are more sensitive than others and do need changing every time they have a tiny wee, but you should be alright as long as you change them every 3-4 hrs/roughly at every feed. Go with your gut!Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
hahaha %26quot;smells wet%26quot; but when i change my god sons diaper i feel if the diaper is gushy and if it is, it needs to be changed. or ill look to see if he smells becuase sometimes he doesnt have a bowel movement, he jsut passes gas form drinking milk. and 9 times out of 10 you should change a baby's diaper when they wake up from a nap ebcuase most likely they are wet. this may turn into routine, but you cant really say that you have to change the diaper at 2, 6, and 9.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
At first when my son was younger I changed it every time he was wet, I checked very often. Now that he is older other than when he has a poopy diaper I change him first thing in the morning, before and after his morning nap, before and after his afternoon nap, and before he goes to bed at night, he now sleeps through the night so I don't change it during the night.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I change him whenever his nappy feels wet (like someone else said, when it feels gooey/squidgy is a good indicator) and obviously straight away when he's dirty.



I don't think there's any point going by a schedule as I know myself that I don't pee the same amount every single day, lol.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
From my experience, a baby's diaper is changed as needed. Just as we use the bathroom as needed and not on a schedule.



A baby could pee more often at a certain hour and then go for 3 hours without incident. So having a schedule would actually waste diapers.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
OMG girl u waste so much diapers and so much money I have 2kids and I change them when they get really wet and to hear u say u change ur son 3 times in 3 hours dat means u change him for wetting himself just once???? I think u need to change him when he gets really wet im telling u u will save a lot of money!!!Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
when they were newborns i always changed their diapers right then no matter if it was poop or pee. When they got older i used the feel method. I would feel the diaper and if it was wet then i would change it. Poop diapers are always changed ASAP!Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I generally change her right before her bottle, unless she fusses or it smells wet. She gets changed about ever 2 1/2 hours. My son is 23 months and we are working on potty training, but he will bring me a diaper and let me know when he needs changed.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I try to do the eco friendly thing and follow the instructions on the package .... but the instructions seem to be wrong ... it says on the package 8-10 lbs ... but I let them fill up to 3 or 4 lbs and its already oozing out the side of the legs, etc.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
no theres no schedule. i feel her diaper all the time and when it feels squishy i change it. i dont like to leave her in wet diapers for a long time, i change it as soon as i notice it.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
Just whenever I feel necessary, no schedule whatsoever. If he is fussy I check if hes wet, if he smells wet, or if he feels wet like if I notice his diaper is %26quot;poofy%26quot; Any of above.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
Give the baby a couple of hours before you change the next diaper. Of course if it smells bad, change him/her immediately. If you don't, your baby could get a rash. Be careful!Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I tend to change my son first thing in the morning, after every nap, and before he goes to bed. I also change it wheh he poops.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
With my babies I always would just squeeze the front of the diaper if it felt gooey or like jell inside I would change them. I didn't keep track of hours that's just too much workDo you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I just change pee diapers when they feel fill. I put my hand on the outside and check. With different brands they will feel a little different on when the are full enough to need a change.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I squeeze the front of my sons diaper, if it feels squishy, I change him, if not I wait another hour and check again.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
Whenever I noticed it was wet. I'd check every so often. So set schedule. No ones pees on schedule.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
What I do with my so is that i check him every time a show is over. That will your baby from having a really bad diaper rashDo you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I change it whenever I notice it is wet.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
i always changed whenever they were wet.... i never used a scheduleDo you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
my lil one is 5 months, i change her when she needs it

it check her often and when it seems full i change herDo you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I always changed my kids when their diaper felt wet. Now that my daughter is older (21 months) she can go 8 hours without needing a diaper change as she does not urinate as often but when she does go it needs to be changed right away. I can generally feel the diaper through her clothes to see if it needs to be changed. When my kids were younger (6-12 months) I would take them in and put them on their changing table and check their diaper to see if it was wet. Diapers are made to pull wetness away from the baby's bottom so generally you can tell if you look at the lining furthest away from the inside liner to tell if it's time to change the diaper, if it is still fluffy and dry looking a change is not needed if it looks heavy and gel-like it's time to change.Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
I know some moms who change them every two hours and some moms who change them whenever.

I change the diaper when it smells like pee.... I use LUVS and I know they use perfumes or whatever so when I start to smell it I change her. She is also 8 months. Of course if it's sagging I will change her immediately but she can go quite a while in a diaper...

Now poop is an immediate change, lol



EDIT: I always change her when she wakes up from sleeping....

I go through MAYBE 5 diapers a day.....Do you change your baby%26039;s diaper on a schedule or when it smells wet?
Please change your baby whenever you notice that he's wet!



I think it's unfortunate how rigid we as mothers have become as a result of an overload of %26quot;doctor's advice%26quot;. Throw away the schedule and just be a mommy.

Use mommy instincts and make your baby as comfortable as possible.

Because it is impossible to know every time your baby goes pee-pee, it is always a good idea to change whenever you smell it or feel it.



Although, chances are if you smell it - then it's been sitting long enough for the ammonia in his urine to react with the chemicals in the diaper. That in itself is not good and can lead to uncomfortable diaper rash for baby.



With my 4 month old, I check his diaper regularly. I'm always able to tell when he's urinated by feeling the diaper. If it no longer has a %26quot;crunchy%26quot; or %26quot;crisp%26quot; sound then I know it's time to change.



Hope this helps =)

No comments:

Post a Comment