Thursday, September 22, 2011

How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?

How does your day go with a little baby and a toddler? When you're in between breast feedings (or bottle feeding), changing baby's diapers, and soothing the baby? How do you tend to your toddler's needs? When you're feeding, playing with, bathing, reading to, and teaching your older child what is the baby doing? You can answer if this isn't your situation but you know someone in it or if you have any ideas. We currently have an 11 month old, soon to be 1, and I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant with 2 =) Thanks for your help.How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
if you can get a sling of sorts for the little one and that way you have your hands free...dont be afraid of noise for the newbie and involve with superviosn as much as you can with the older child on helping you out in what ever way the they can ...when you read and play always have baby around unless its nap time then devote all you can to the older child...dont fret as much about the house work or your looks..you can breast feed at the same time that you read a book to the older one if they are attentive...you will be able to do it ...i have twins and you will feel like you have twins...my sis in law had twins and then a boy right behind them so she cant remeber anything but she had lots of help..congrats..How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
My daughter was 22 months when my son was born so a bit more of a difference but I used to try to get her involved while I was breastfeeding. She loved to help so sometimes I would send her to fetch something I didn't need, like a saucepan or anything (!) just so I could say 'Oh what a good girl, you're such a help to me and a brilliant big sister!'



Also I would get her to choose the book that we were going to read to the baby. She would sit with me and I would read it while I breastfed but she would turn the pages. So I used to praise her for 'reading' to the baby with me. She did noises as well - like cows mooing or whatever the story required!



Best of luck - it will be so nice. I found my son just didn't need me as much as my daughter had, probably becuase in some way he got used to there always being a delay before I could respond to his cries becuase of the older one.How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
Mine are 14 months apart and my second had/has many health issues. I would have my daughter help take care of him. I'd let her fasten the diaper tabs or shake his bottles, she never failed in her duty to report and foul odors...LOL.



We didn't deal much with jealousy because we kept her involved in her little brother's care and she was rewarded when helpful. There are a lot of think kids can do to help, even tiny tots. You need to relax about thing needing to be perfect (if that's an issue or you), let them stack their pants and put them away or match their own socks.How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
You will definitely have your hands full, but you can do it! You'll need a lot of help from your partner, so I hope he is prepared. Push aside most household duties, except the ones that are definitely necessary, and focus on your babies. Obviously the first few weeks are going to be a major adjustement for both you and the toddler. If you have any friends or family willing to help out, then let them! They can spend one on one time with the toddler while you do your thing with the baby and vice versa. Then when it is just the 3 of you, try to get your toddler involved with the baby as much as possible. Although babies can't understand what you're saying, they do enjoy hearing your voice, so cuddle up with both the kids and have storytime. Let your one year old be a helper as much as she is willing to and let her interact with the baby (always supervised of course.) Good luck and congratulations!How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
As a nanny all I can recommend (as many others have) is that you keep the older one involved as much as possible. %26amp; Schedules are your new way to life. Everyone will need one--so start planning now. (food, sleep, play, bath %26amp; whatever else may need done.) At first a new born is really hard to keep on schedule but stick to it. You will get the hang of it. Its not as hard and frightening as it sounds. :] Good luck and congrats!How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
im sure ur baby is at that age when he or she knows how to do things such as give you stuff or throw things away ... u could have the older help u do things for the baby and clap when theyre done and say%26quot; good girl/boy%26quot; or yay!!!.... they like that or plan time with them when the baby is sleeping or give them things that u know the baby can't have and say %26quot; good thing ur a big boy/girl or u wouldn't be able to have it like %26quot; the little baby ...never say to the older ...u better leave my baby alone or something like that...because they are both ur babiesHow would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
I have a 3 year old and a 3 week old and my husband and I take turns if I have the baby he is playing with the lil guy and visa versa.

When I go the change the baby my son comes along and hands me diapers and talks to the lil one.

And if I'm alone I take the baby in the sling and hang out with my son.

The Dr at the hospital gave me the best advice;

Dont feel bad about letting the baby lay around and sleep or hang out peacfully for awhile the baby wont realize they are not getting all your attention but your toddler will so pay as much attention as you can so they dont feel left out.How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
Chello!



I keep my son involved in everything and its really helpful to you too. around now they are so independent so they are going to want to help as much as possible so let them. when i'm tending to the baby threw out the day my son is at day care but when he is home he watches his fav programs.and when the baby is sleep that's when i'm reading and playing with my oldest even when the baby is woke if he is content i just let him be and me and the oldest play as much as possible.i try not to have my big boy do too much cause i don't want him to grow up just yet i let him do little stuff that he wants like he loves getting the pacifier or diapers for some odd reason it excites him to go looking for it.but the most i can say is keep the big boy involved so he doesn't get resentful and even tho you may discipline him try to let up a lil when the baby gets here cause you don't want him to think that's the reason your doing what ever it is you do for discipline is because of the baby. and if your oldest isn't in daycare i would look into that because it does kinda take a toll on you we can't do it all your going to need mad rest when the little one gets here and day care can be that brake that way you have time to rest and play with him when he comes home and he can do something productive with his day and be with kids his age.How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
i would devote nbs naptime to the older child, so they get some much needed one on one time with mommy/daddyHow would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
I have 3 kids at home ages 1 1/2, 3 and 8..the 1 1/2 yr old and his 3 yr old brother i must say act wild when they are together and only when they are together. I am now 34 weeks pregnant with my 4th and in between baths,changing (2 babies in diapers), feeding,attention,going out etc will be difficult but i will manage. I think u will do just fine and just think of people who have 2-6 babies at once..God would not give u more then u can handle..I'm a sibling of 8 and we are all very close in age and my mom and dad made it through alright, except wanting to pull there hair out from time to time =o)

good luck!How would you do this (whether this is your situation or not)?
I have noticed one child is always under cared for at any given time. I don't care what people say one person can not meet all the needs of 2 children that age. That is why I stoped at 1.
  • How to make a baby quilt
  • consultancy works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment