Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?

Okay I'm going out soon to buy them. I know they sell packs but I figured whats in them may not all be necessary. So I'm going to list what I think is, and I'd love to hear what else I need, what I don't, and brands you recommend or not!!!



bath:

baby head to toe

baby shampoo (only if they have hair, or can I use the first one)

washcloths (how many?)

towels (how many?)

baby lotion for after?



changing:

baby rash cream (how often/brand?)



feeding:

burp cloths (how many?)

cream for my nipples (brand?)



Anything else in the categories? I ask how many so that I can consider buying that much. Keep in mind I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment, if that makes a difference. Thanks!What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
I thought you should only use Johnson and Johnson products..



For these and Gerber products are safer to me then anything else on the market and you can trust them!!



Good Luck and God bless!!What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
I got those bar of soaps, they last longer. By Johnsons.

johnsons shampoo

washcloths 10 small ones

towels 3

lotion, in winter maybe

rash cream, just one only when reddish, i use neosporin, works instantly

burp clothes 10

cream 1, lonosin (spelling)What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
My oldest is 12, so I forgot a lot of this before having my 8 month old! I had some of everything and found it was a waste of money, and time. With bath-time, all I use is an all-in-one baby wash. It acts as cleanser and shampoo both.



I only opened one pack of 6 wash cloths. Two for in the tub (one to rinse, one to wash, and now that he is older one to play with and one for me to use). I had about 8 hooded towels - only needed two. One to use, one for just in case, or in the laundry.



You can use lotion after, but I found he didn't need it and it just kept his skin from being dry and warm as fast as I'd like.



For changing, I used good old petroleum jelly (vaseline, or generic brand, doesn't matter with this stuff).



If he got a rash (he didn't until 6 months when he cut his first tooth) I preferred penaten cream, but any zinc oxide cream will do. Try to stick with either a generic store brand, penaten, sudocreem, or johnson and johnson if you hate overly strong scents though.



Burp cloths - just use receiving blankets and toss them into the laundry pile as needed - you will probably need 2 or 3 a day (babies don't spit up non-stop). You will be doing laundry once or twice a week no matter what, so may as well not have too many extra of these things to deal with, as they will start to take up more space than you can stand.



As for nipple cream - don't use any unless you have to! You likely won't need to, but if heaven forbid you end up with severely cracked nipples, use one that is pure lanolin, like lansinoh. Again, brand doesn't matter, just what the ingredients are. Nothing but lanolin, and don't use unless there is major cracking and bleeding or you could interfere with breastfeeding. If you aren't breastfeeding, you won't need any at all.



Never be afraid to crack a container open and smell it before buying it, you might regret it if you don't. If it has a tamper proof seal, ask the pharmacist or sales assistant if there is a way for you to smell that product. Tell him you have allergies, or anything you want to, just don't risk buying something that you will detest. Smells on our babies are something that affects us more than you will guess until it happens.What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
Gerber Grins %26amp; Giggles Baby Wash For Hair %26amp; Body, Lavender has a great smell plus it helps make the baby sleep great.

johnson and johnson also has great products for all your baby needs and a must is dont forget to get baby bed liners. They go on top of the baby sheet so when the baby leaks through its clothing you dont have to change the whole bed all you replace is the pad. Great for saving on laundry,What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
I would get baby head to toe, baby body wash I liked the lavender it kinda relaxed my baby, you can use the head to toe for the hair too. baby oil, baby lotion, baby powder. powder doesnt have to be just for the bottom. wash clothes and towels depends on how often you do laundry. remember babys are clean when they come out of the bath so I would just hang up the towel to let it air dry for the next day unless the baby peed on it. It really cuts down on laundry. sturdy wipes can even make great wash cloths. of course when you have a baby laundry almost triples it seems. Babies love to get messy. =) I think it is exciting going shopping for baby and I cant wait, you can buy burp cloths and wash them in the sink they are not that big so wash them and hang them up somewhere to dry. baby rash cream have it on hand just in case but if they dont have the rash dont use it, instead use powder at every change. nipple cream im not sure on I did go to walmart.com and looked at the reviews on them. I just dont remeber the name. Have fun and good luck hun. I hope you found your answers =)What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
There is the brand Johnson and Johnson in the shops and you can get most of the creams and baby shampoo and lotions baby bath in this.

washcloths around 4-5.

towels 3-4.

you can use petroleum jelly on a babys bottom.

bibs(burpcloth) id have like 20-30 if it were my child.

use lanolin on your nipples.



these are things you would need for a child...looks like your going to have to buy a washer and dryer.What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
I buy this... Baby Johnson shampoo. Washcloths, baby towels, Johnson baby lotion, Desitin Creamy Overnight Relief diaper cream it works wonders! I really dont use burp cloths becuz they aren't think enough so I use small kitchen towels only burp cloths if I go out. And I use All for baby detergent. I don't know about the cream for nipplesWhat lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
you could use baby shampoo for body as well. DON'T buy baby powder. you can never have too many washcloths or burp cloths. towels depends on how often you plan on bathing the baby. buy Lansinoh cream for your nipples. baby rash cream, Penaten. if your baby is a newborn, you should'nt need to use it very often, not until solids.What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
soap can dry a baby skin and cause enzma. I just use water, some times a bit of oil.



Paw-paw ointment is great for nappy rash and cradle cap its an absolute dream cream.



Even if you plan on using disposable nappies I would get atleast 24 cloth nappies they come in handy!



I have atleast 12 wash towels, and still run out.



I found I didn't use a lot of what I brought, I never used the nipple cream or the breast pads they're still on the shelf in the packaging.What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
Bath - California baby (it's organic) available at Target

lotion - California baby

rash cream - Desitin

washcloths and towels - minimum 6 each

burp cloths - you'll use at least 2 a dayWhat lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
For my daughter we have a combination shampoo/body wash from California Baby. It is fragrance and dye free, which I would strongly recommend. We also use their lotion. You don't need too many towels or washcloths because they will not get too dirty when just using them for a baby. I would say maybe 2-3 towels and 3-4 washcloths.



The BEST diaper cream is Boudreaux's Butt Paste--you can get it at Target.



You will probably need TONS of burp clothes if your baby is anything like mine was and spits up often.



I personally don't remember using any nipple cream, but I probably did...What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
Bath:

I use Johnson Head to toe bath. I have used it for her hair but I have now started using Johnson shampoo for her hair. Washclothes I bought a pack of 12 and then was given a pack of 12. I have a ton and I never use them all before I do laundry. Just depends on how often you bath your baby. For towels i use receiving blankets and they work wonderful. They arent rough like adult towels and they are small too. I love receiving blankets for infant towels. Baby lotion i use Johnson baby lotion(pink bottle) i lotion my baby head to toe even her hair. Helps prevent craddle cap.

Changing:

I use destin creamy. You only need to use it when their little butt gets red.

feeding:

Burp clothes i reccommend having several of these on hand. You go threw them like crazy. THat is one thing you use a lot of.

laundry detergent I reccommend Dreft (reccommended by my OB doctor). It is in a pink box in Oregon. I think it is always a pink box.

~ i do her laundry about every other day. So since you dont have a washer and dryer in your apartment you might want a few more then what i said.

I also reccommend having tylenol on hand too. If your gonna allow pacifiers then have a few on hand.

Good LuckWhat lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
Bath:

I would use all regular no added scents or anything until you know for sure that your baby isn't allergic or anything to it.

Soap: I use Dove sensitive skin soap for mine b/c the dr said her skin is so sensitive and should use it.

Washcloths: I would have at least 5

Towels: about 3-4

Baby Lotion: Start with regular Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion and see the reaction



Changing:

Baby rash cream any works about the same, but I often found that if you let them go without a diaper for a bit works, not having their diaper tight works, also not having tight clothing works well too.



Feeding:

I used like a pack and a half (about 8)



I would say if you don't have a washer or dryer once the clothing item of whatever gets dirty use the Dreft spray. Oh and remember to get some Dreft or Baby All detergent.What lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
i never sued burp cloths because you never haev tehm at the right time- i could never get my son to even burp, he was a breastfed baby who didnt get much air anyways- as for the nipple cream get the lansinoh brand int eh purple tube- you will probably only need one tube- is till haev almost a whoel tube adnd my son is almost 10 months. it is also great for their lips andd your too! you can use the first one to wash everything- i sue the one with 1/3 lotion since the winter time is making my sons skin dry- they ahave a 12 pack of bbay washclothes at walmart i believe- i jsut use my towels for my son but at first i would use the baby towel- just get a few

edit: the talc in baby powder is bad- cornstarch kind is fineWhat lotions/creams/bath stuff do I need to buy for baby?
I like Huggies brand bath products it stays on the skin longer than any other!

No comments:

Post a Comment