Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to change a squirming baby?

My 7 month old screams and tries to turn every which way when I try to change him. I have tried giving him stuff to distract him with but he would just throw them away. Changing time is always a fight between me and my baby. I'm not sure what to do with him anymore. BTW, He is very strong and changing his diaper is like getting a work out for me after.How to change a squirming baby?
My bub is 15 months, she's the same. I just do it and try and be fast about it.How to change a squirming baby?
Discipline him for not sitting still. Or, do like many moms do... sit down on the floor and put him between your legs and wrap your legs up over his tummy while you change him. lolHow to change a squirming baby?
Keep trying the toys, keep toys that he only gets to play with when you are changing his diaper. You could try singing or talking to him. He is at the age where he is afraid he is going to miss something. If you can avoid pants. Try to dress him so that diaper changes are as quick as possible.How to change a squirming baby?
do it on the floor. pin his arms with your legs. and learn to be fast. you can also try to change him if its time for him to eat, let somebody else hold a bottle and you change him real quick. dont do that every diaper change (duh), but it may help with a few of them during the day.



if you have a changing table, put a mobile on it and play it every time. that may help too. good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment