Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do you change your baby's diapers at every night time feeding?

I have a 6 week old baby that goes 3-4 between nighttime bottles. I read that I should only change her diaper if it needed it, and the couple of times I have done this, it seems she goes back to sleep easier, then when I change her. I've only done it when I was extremely tired, I really don't like doing it, and I don't want her uncomfortable, but I get more sleep when she goes right back to bed. My question is how do I know if it needs to be changed (without waiting till it's completley full, and swollen,), and what do you guys do at night when it comes to changing or not?Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
I change my son's diaper every time he wakes up...now he did have a couple of nights where he didn't really sleep too good and was up like every 2 hours so I changed him every other wake up those times...I just personally wouldn't want to be laying there in pee or poop any longer than I had to, and I don't want my son to have to do the same...



As far as daytime...he gets a diaper change just before every feeding...and then in between feedings when he's got a dirty diaper...Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
I didn't change EVERY time he woke up. At 6 weeks he was going down around 9 and getting up at 2, 4, 6, and then up at 8. If he wasn't too wet then I'd wait until after the 4 AM feed and change him then. Obviously if your baby has a poopy diaper or an extremely wet one then it should be changed when you notice it. Other than that I find it kind of silly to change them every single time they wake.



ETA: Sorry, Teresa, but I am NOT sticking my hand into my baby's diaper. Especially at 4 in the morning!!Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
if its something like 10pm and already wet i will change it. If its about 1am with 1 wee in it i leave it... 3x kids later they are fine, lol. always change a poo- no exceptions.



You are doing fine, good luck!Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
Do what you've been doing. Your baby is not uncomfortable so its not bothering her.

I was doing the whole change her whenever she wakes thing, but it got to be too much every two hours. my pediatrician just said as long as its not a big bowel movement they are ok to stay in their diaper for the night. Since diapers are so absorbent its unlikely to cause a rash.

Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
My daughter goes to bed by 7pm, and I don't change her diaper until her 3am feeding. Before she goes to bed, I apply a generous amount of Desitin to her diaper area, to avoid diaper rash. She's almost 5 months old and has NEVER had diaper rash.



Of course if it's poopy, I'll change it before 3am, but she doesn't poop during the night.



Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
the way that u can tell if it's full, feel the diper it should feel heavy or u can change her after u feed her and then put her to bed, she should be comfortable after thatDo you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
no i don't change my daughter at night unless she needs it Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
When my baby was 6 weeks my husband used to change her diaper so I could feed her. I breastfeed my little girl.... and my husband decided to help me with the diapers every night time. But now (she is almost 4 months) My baby wakes up 3 times at night and I change her if she has a dirty diaper but if not she usually is fine until about 8 a.m Sometimes she goes to sleep at 10 pm.



Good luckDo you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
I personally changed my daughter's diaper when she woke up for every feedings. She would go back to sleep though. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't change her as often. I would do it like you do. Now, she sleeps all night and I don't ger up during the night to change her diaper. She goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 6:30am.



There's nothing wrong with what you're doing. Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
you can tell that the nappy is dirty if it smells bad to cheak if its wet pinch the outside front of the nappy and if it feels like gel then its wet. I change my baby every feed or if i feel that its needed. do u change your baby before or mid feed or after? at 6 weeks my babys night and days were mixed up so we didnt have night time feeds but now she is 3 months old and only waking up once or twice a night and i cjhange her when she wakes up if its been over 2 hours. Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
I do during infancy because I breastfeed and my kids usually poop during every feeding when they're that young. But now that they're both a little older, I only change it if it's obviously wet. If your baby didn't poop and she's not noticeably wet, it's probably fine to leave it until the next time she wakes up.Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
My daughter is 8 weeks old. I change her at the beginning of all her feeds. She is breastfed and still pooping in all her nappies. I change her before the feed but i will only turn the hall light on. That way, after her feed she is relaxed and will go back to sleep once she is put in her cradle.

I like to think that if i wee'ed or pooped in my pants i'd like it changed straight away. My baby also has a bit of nappy rash so i always apply barrier cream.

Its totally up to you what you choose to do. But if you choose to not change her bum, make sure you apply a good layer of barrier cream to prevent nappy rashDo you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
I pretty much change him everytime I feed him but sometimes he will sleep for a 6 hour period and I wont wake him to change him.. I change him before I feed him because he seems to get sleepy while eating so I can lay him directly down while he is drowsy from feeding..Do you change your baby%26039;s diapers at every night time feeding?
you check it. stick your fingers inside the diaper and feel if its wet. if its wet you need to change it. i certainly wouldnt want my baby to get diaper rash. it would be painful. as far as sleep, gettting full nights are over for a while. youre still on maternity leave, so sleep during the day when the baby sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment