Thursday, September 22, 2011

Friend wants to change her baby's name?

Hi everyone.

My friend had a baby girl 1 year ago and named her Kahlila Marie.

However she now finds that name hard to pronounce and likes %26quot;Alyssa%26quot; better. Do you think she should change her daughters name if so how can she do it.

I personally suggested she shorten %26quot;Kahlila%26quot; to Kale, Kali, or Lila and have that be her nickname and what she goes by always. My friend does not know what to do. She wants to change it but doesn't know if she should.

Thanks

KattrynFriend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
I agree with you that she should use a nickname instead of changing her daughter's name. All of the nicknames you listed are good.Friend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
I think she shouldn't change it, like you said she can use a nickname that is easier to pronounce. Maybe for the next baby she will be wiser.Friend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
Its a good idea to change it when they are that young, I would chang eit its so much less confusing than the name she has right now.Friend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
Wow, it's up to her, really. It's better to do it now than never, but I'd hate to find myself in a position to have to do it at all. It's possible to second-guess naming forever and a day, and who's to say she'll still like %26quot;Alyssa%26quot; next year?



I like your nickname idea better. I can't tell if Kahlilla is pronounced %26quot;Kah-LYE-la,%26quot; %26quot;Kah-LEE-la,%26quot; or %26quot;Kah-LILL-ah,%26quot; but I'm hoping it's the third, which sounds prettiest to me. In any case, some variation of %26quot;Lila%26quot; (not Kale, sorry) seems best.



I encourage you to support any decision your friend makes, and call the child whatever her current name is, no matter how many times it changes.Friend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
I do not think she should change it at all! Its beautiful!

and if I was her, I would call the girl Kale because I think thats so cute.

But I would just nickname her, Alyssa is so common! and changing her name now after one year is a little drastic.Friend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
well if the baby is already 1 year old, she is probably getting used to her birth name. so i would not suggest changing it because she might get all confused. BUT, 1 year old is still very young so if she is gonna change her name, she better do it now before the baby gets older.



Alyssa is definitely better than Kahlila but it would be better to stick with her birth name and have a nick name. i like Lila :)Friend wants to change her baby%26039;s name?
I think the name she's chosen (the original one) is a really nice name. A little tricky to pronounce but still really nice. A nickname is good alternative for the name, as with the ones you've suggested. However, if she's set on changing her daughter's name, I do believe Alyssa is a really good choice.



I love that name.
  • get time from datetime
  • myspace tweaks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment