Thursday, June 2, 2011

Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?

I just had my daughter 2 weeks ago. I have a horrible headache that has not gone away for a week.

my house is a mess because my head hurts so bad to move i just sit on the couch all day to keep my head from hurting worse.

there is coloring books and colors all over the coffee table with baby blankets

there are clothes all over the loveseat from doing laundry that need to be folded

ther are a few dirt dishes in the sink the counter has junk all over it. there are hangers all over the floor that the kids threw around that were on the loveseat with the clothes. there are baby blanktes and burp cloths pacifiers all over my living room and dining room.



I am going to court in 2 weeks to try and get custody of my two older kids ages 5 and 6. ( their dad will not get a job and keeps getting his elec cut off getting a eviction notice for not paying rent cant pay phone bill gets cable and home phone cut off. gets car in accident but has no car insurance to fix it. so i know that financially we are in a better situation )



well i have had them for the last month for the summer and their dad came and picked them up for their step brothers birthday party. well every time he has came to pick them up in the last couple months my house was spotless sinc ehe picks them up in the evening but today he picked them up at 8am



well first i am asleep still from getting home at 12 from the fireworks lastnight that were down town had to get the kids a bath then get them in bed then give baby a bath feed baby change baby so i was really tired not to mention all the overnight feedings.



so he knocked on the door i didnt know he was here cause i was asleep. my kids opened the door when they know they are not supposed to open the door for anyone



so my daughter comes in the room waking me up saying daddy is here i have no idea how long he has been standing in my doorway and my kids have not eaten breakfast. and they are dressed since i remember my daughter comming up to me earlier and i told her to get dressed for daddy pauls. but i dont know what time that was or if he was possibly here at that time. or if he had just got here when she woke me up the last time.



i am so scared that he is going to say i am a bad parent because i let my kids answer the door, didnt feed them, i was asleep while they were awake watching cartoons. and it was 8 am so he will say that i cant even wake up at 8 howwill i wake up at 6 to get them to school every day



should i worry about this. i am so tired my baby wakes up ever 2 hours and i have to be the one to wake up every time she wakes up since my husband works over night.Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
Just try and organize yourself. You shouldn't feel bad and even your ex husband should be sympathetic. It's not easy to be a single parent of 2 older children and have just welcomed a new born into the household.



Every night before bed, if you can remember, set out cereal and bowls for the kiddos and instruct them that if you are not up they can make themselves some breakfast.



Try and fold laundry when you are sitting around and relaxing. After every meal quickly rinse the dishes and either set them in a neat pile on the sink or counter (or drainer) or put them in the dish washer right away. Your kids only answered the door because they knew it was daddy.



Just try and do little things around the house when you can. Keep a laundry basket in a certain easily accessible room around the house so you can drop off laundry you pick up as you go. Direct your kids where to put toys, help them pick up.Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
its ok. you are a new mother. but dont let it stay like that forever... :)Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
yes you should clean it becuse you been a bad boyShould i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
I don't think you shouod feel bad, but just remember , it is important to your state of mind to have a pleaseant environment. Try to do little things, like folding while you are sitting, etc. It will have to get done eventually, and the worse you let it go, the worse you will feel. Good luck.Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
I would not worry about it. I think it will be apparent to a judge that the state of the house was because you are recovering from having a baby. AS long as you have utilities and are not at risk of losing your home, you are still a better choice for a custodial parent for the children.



as for your headache...did you maybe have an epidural/spinal? I had a spinal with my second child and a few days after she was born I got a %26quot;spinal headache%26quot;. It was migraine quality and is apparently caused by a minor leak of spinal fluid at the site of the catheter.Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
Say no more ...the baby is 2 weeks! You do not need any excuse, just relax and keep in mind your priorities! Keep your kids healthy and happy and keep yourself happy and focused. The house will get clean eventually. Do not let it stay yucky for too long or you will go crazy!! Take it a room at a time and once you start feeling overwhelmed, give yourself a break and then go back to it.



Make sure you are sleeping when you can!!Should i feel bad? my house is a mess with a new baby?
The things you need to do are get your house cleaned up and keep it that way. When you go into court, the judge is more than likely going to say they understand about the new baby. When you get your kids back, if you are having a problem waking up to get them to school, you can set your alarm to make sure they get up in time and you can go right back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment