Thursday, June 2, 2011

How drastically does having a baby change your life?

I'm five months pregnant with twin girls...I've always been rather self-absorbed and into just doing things that I want to do and doing things at the spur of the moment, traveling, etc...I'm used to doing a lot of things whenever I want, wherever I want. I've never had to care for anyone else in my life and have never even babysat ever (I have no younger siblings and never had a babysitting job). I've never been around babies much and don't know what its like to take care of them on a day to day basis. How hard really is it to take care of a baby? How drastically did having a baby change your life? Did it take you a lot of time to adjust? With newborns are you always exhausted?How drastically does having a baby change your life?
Everything you just explained will be put on hold, flipped upside down, put off, etc. You will not have time in the first few weeks to have anytime really to yourself. Motherhood is a learning experience, on the job training you can say. If you are unsure of how to care for a baby (babies in your case) I suggest you take a parenting class, and/or baby basics class. Most hospitals where you plan on delivering offer these types of classes. I had my daughter 12 weeks ago, and am still adjusting. I was always exhausted, especially since I breastfeed. It's just getting to where things are really settling, and getting into routine, and to where I can get more than just 2 hrs of sleep at night.How drastically does having a baby change your life?
It changes everything, you become more loving more watchful, worried, sleepy ect



your really in for it.





but on the other hand its mostly a beautiful thing and after the toddler stage you can go back to whatever you were doing berfore/How drastically does having a baby change your life?
Just about every little aspect of your life changes. Your not the top priority anymore, and even in your own head you will put your needs behind the needs of your children. You wont be as spontaneous... but I'm a pretty spontaneous person, I still travel at the drop of a hat, and go somewhere as soon as the idea pops into my head, packing just takes a bit longer, and you think about it a little more before you leave. You become a whole different person, certain things done seem to matter anymore, and other things seem to be like a huge deal. Babies are extremely hard to care for, and I will assure you it's not a walk in the park, but it's the most rewarding thing you will every do in your life. You will be tired, frazzled and on edge, but for some strange crazy reason it's all worth it!How drastically does having a baby change your life?
For me, it wasn't *that* hard, because I've had insomnia since I was 11 so for the past 9 years I've been getting on average 3 hours of sleep a night, so the lack of sleep didn't bother me. The only bad thing with that is that you can't choose when you sleep, you sleep when you're baby sleeps regardless of when and how tired you are.

But as a person a baby really changes you. Before I had my daughter I was obsessed with shopping, I never left the house unless my hair was done and my makeup was done. Now I'd much rather blow all my money on my baby and I rarely get all dolled up haha And I'm a much more caring person. She's definetly softened my heart lolHow drastically does having a baby change your life?
It changes your life about 180 degrees but it is totally worth it. Im very self absorbed and always think about me and i get out and do things at the spur of the moment. Once i had my baby she is all i think about and i come last she comes first, that is actually the easy part. As far as the traveling, i still go when i want, i just take her with me. I don't want to be a mom that says %26quot;i can't i have a baby now, so i cant go here or there and it is just too hard%26quot;. So she comes along. I go on vacations whenever. I have had us both in pj's when my friend called and invited us to dinner so i just got dressed and went. My baby likes to be out and about.How drastically does having a baby change your life?
it is hard yes, but you dont have to give up your life either. im the same way i like to just get up and go. i ride horses and work with them so now i cant and its so aggravating, but when the baby is born i guess ill just have to bring it along with me to the barn. in the beginning stages sometimes they dont sleep some do tho. but alot of people give up their life to raise a baby when you dont have to. you can still travel and what not to. ya a baby sometimes will slow you down, but its worth it. raising a baby does seem kinda fun in a way tho to. even tho i have no idea what im doing. luckily my husband does or wed be in trouble.How drastically does having a baby change your life?
A baby is a huge change. And yes, with my newborn, I turned into a zombie pretty much. Lots of waking up, feeding, crying, and even the paranoia of watching for the baby's breathing can be tiring. It's physically and mentally exhausting.

I know with us, my husband and I can no longer spontaneously go to the newest movie that comes out, go to a restaurant on a whim (gotta pack and take the diaper bag along!) There are a lot of things that change, but the change is a beautiful one really. I was used to sleeping long hours every day, not anymore! =)

My priority is no longer on me, what I want, what I need. It's all about the baby. I do hope you have help though. It's very challenging to raise and take care of a baby. Your life will definitely change, it will never be the same. But I love my life more now with my daughter and husband than I did, and it must be because of the love I have for this little being I gave birth to.How drastically does having a baby change your life?
well for a person like you it might be difficult, because you wont be able to go where you want when you want



it also depends on the babies

some are amazingly calm, and all they do is sleep and eat

others cry a lot!



my lil girl has been so easy

she hardly ever cries

No comments:

Post a Comment