Thursday, June 2, 2011

How tall is too tall for a changing table or dresser you change a baby on top of?

Seems like most changing tables and 3 drawer dressers are anywhere from 35-41 inches tall, which seems like it would be too tall. (I'm 5'5%26quot;.) But what do you think?



By the way, rather than buying a changing table, I would rather use a dresser and put a changing pad on top of it; so I'm keeping in mind that this would could add another couple of inches on top of the dresser height. Then your baby sticks up a few inches on top of that as well.



But I've just noticed that changing tables - which are supposedly meant for changing babies on top of - also seem to be too tall.How tall is too tall for a changing table or dresser you change a baby on top of?
I'm short, about 5'3%26quot; and my changing table with pad and all is about chest level to me. It's perfect because I don't ever have to bend down a bit. When they are low, then you have to bend over and it gets annoying. I love having my changing table on the higher side. Mine is a changing table that turns into a bookcase on top of three drawers. It's great!How tall is too tall for a changing table or dresser you change a baby on top of?
My son's changing table is a dresser with a changing table part that can be taken off and just used as a dresser when he no longer needs the changing table. It is 3 drawers high. It is not too tall, as I am short, about 5'2%26quot;, and it is fine for me.How tall is too tall for a changing table or dresser you change a baby on top of?
I find the most comfortable height is halfway between the top of my hips and the top of my shoulders, so I really do not understand how women can be comfortable changing their babies on the bed- unless an American bed is one hell of a lot taller than an Aussie bed!

I don't know my conversions- I'm 170cm tall.

I find a lot of the timber change tables to be just slightly to tall for me to be comfortable when they have a change pad on them, a moulded plastic one is just the right height for me.

The height of my change table top is about the same as what the height of a change pad on top of Alex's dresser is and If I hadn't been given my wonderful change table I would've done the change pad on dresser thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment