Thursday, June 2, 2011

Having a baby change for the better or worse?

It has been a little over a year now and I have had the urge to start a family. I've always known I wanted to have children (and be a mom full time), but now it's really all I can think about. I would really love to have children right now, but have a few issues:



My soon-be-hubby gets moody a lot. Every once in a while when I need help with something or ask him (politely) to turn the tv down when I'm trying to go to sleep (his latest answer is %26quot;anything else I can do for you%26quot; in a snotty tone), he gives me a horrible attitude. I'm not sure what it's about...When I ask him what his problem is, he says, %26quot;sorry, I'm pms-ing%26quot;.



I'm afraid that if we have a baby and I'm going to need his help, he's going to give me these 12 year old girl answers with attitude. I deal with it now but sometimes end up snapping back at him because after a while, those answers get quite annoying. He also has these little fits of anger.



For instance, he'd be playing poker on his cell phone for an hour and he'd start getting very upset would keep saying that the game is %26quot;bullsh*t%26quot; and whoever made the game is a %26quot;dumba**%26quot;...blah, blah, blah. Well, it starts getting annoying after a while so I'd tell him that if he's going to get so p*ssed at the game, if he'd please turn it off. (It upsets me when other people get that angry) So he'd go on and on for a while and then get so mad he throws the cell phone at the dresser...shattering it into pieces. After that he's fine and would laugh about it and say how stupid it was that he did that.



A lot of the time we are happy and content, but the other portion is him acting immature and angry. I can deal with this right now for there are so many other great things about him and I love him so much. I can't wait to marry him and have him be the father of my children...but I have been thinking about all the aspects of what a baby could do to change our life and the only thing I am worried about is if we have a baby, would his temper break us apart?



The reason I only see having a baby change things and not marriage is because it is bringing another life into the mix and I would need to protect them. I know what I can handle but I don't want an innocent child to be around attitude and anger issues. Plus, with the stress of pregnancy and raising a child...I don't know if I could %26quot;handle%26quot; his quarks very well. (mood swings and all) I don't want to go for it and have his anger/snotty remarks bring me over the edge and give up.



Have you gone through this? Any advice?Having a baby change for the better or worse?
since you are asking about it, then you are not sure about it.. having kids is a major decision - it doesn't sound like much at first but when you add up all the costs (financial and emotional), it becomes a very expensive proposition.. you sound like a mature and well-balanced adult while your bf is a bit off - and you have to watch out for those anger fits because they tend to grow with the time and instead of dresser it could be you.. i am not exhaggerating and it's a good idea to test your dilemma in action.. no, no need to get married or have a child.. instead, get a dog - buy a puppy or adopt from shelter.. the dog will have the same needs as a small child does - so you can see first hand how attentive he is to the dog (walking it, feeding it, giving it a bath, carrying for it when you feel like laying down).. you will have a better picture of what he might be later on without going into the extremes.. let's face it, once you have a child, it's important to be in a stable relationship for the well-being of the child.. you do not sound like you want to be a single mom, so make sure that your bf is indeed a marriage material and if not, you are smart enough to walk away and start looking for someone who will want to have a future with you.. the worst in this scenario is an upset animal - the alternative is a child torn between fighting parents..Having a baby change for the better or worse?
me and my husband have decided not to have any children until we are mature enough and until we get to know eachother a little better....we're still newly weds..and even after dating for two years before we got married..we are still learning about eachother..and trying to help eachother to be better ppl..we do have our fights and our spurts of immaturity..but we work through it.......we know we want to wait beucase babysitting four boys together has showed us that we really arnt ready(granted that one of the boys we babysit has major anger issues spawning from a bad begining in his early years.)........i would talk to your fiance about his anger issue and about the future and everything when he is in a good mood...and let him speak his mind too.........best of luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment